Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Beginner here needing help from the patient! Please.

crispybakon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 88
Hi, ok i'll try to be brief. This is the first time ive ever entered a 'forum'. Im probably asking in the totally wrong way/place but i am in need of some info.
I am trying to find a holden 1970's shell to restore for a full ground up but after looking on gumtree, ebay, etc i cant seem to find anything at all. Can anybody give me any guidance on where to look over the net for older holdens for sale. All I need is a body with little body damage and no bog in it, or at most, very minimal. Everything else i will be sourcing as new as possibly over the next few years. I am aware that what I am looking for is going to be a high price but at this stage, money is not an issue. I dont want to buy a HQ off carsales for 25k that someone else has done a ok job on, would much prefer paying 4k to 10k for one untouched. I dont need any drive train just the rolling body really.
Any help would be much appreciated.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
sadly, you and the rest of the world are using the internet. only way to find good deals are to talk to people who dont know how to use the internet.

i.e. old people.

newspapers and word of mouth is the only way. drive out in the country, when you see a an old scrapper, knock on the peoples door and politely offer them a reasonable amount. failing that, swap meets and car shows occasionally have rebuilders.

good luck mate.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
as above
check out the local mechanics that have been business a long time (old blokes)

Last edited:

crispybakon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais 88
No worries thanks for the info, yeah i guess its back down to Tassie and start searching the paddocks!

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
As ari said. Basically just keep a keen eye when you are out in the sticks and driving past paddocks. They will be the best place to find what you are after.

Azwellaz

Kickin' it ole skool
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT SS 5.0
sadly, you and the rest of the world are using the internet. only way to find good deals are to talk to people who dont know how to use the internet.

i.e. old people.

newspapers and word of mouth is the only way. drive out in the country, when you see a an old scrapper, knock on the peoples door and politely offer them a reasonable amount. failing that, swap meets and car shows occasionally have rebuilders.

good luck mate.

Completely agree with that mate, there are always some bargains to find but you gotta work for them that's for sure