Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Belt noise slipping?

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
hey guys i got a ve r8 purchased recently and had the fan belt replaced due to noise before i picked it up.... now i noticed the noise is coming back slowly slowly especially wen i start the car in the mornings

now its an auto and a few times ive also noticed when i give it a hit at high revs when the gears change n the next one kicks in it sounded like the fan belt slipped... sounded like a referee blowing a whistle for like 1 second.....

is the belt loose? or something else?

[QW-11-KE]

Reaction score
Members Ride
E CLUBSPORT R8
oh ok fair enough.. the starting maybe but when the gears change at high revs its happend like twice... the belt slipped...

KARTAL

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Commodore VE SV6
mine had a bit of a squeal on cold mornings.. took it back.. fixed under warranty.. apparently one of the pulleys needed to be adjusted a mm or so.. no more squealing

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
power steering pulley was replaced - twice actually - the replacement pulley was faulty too - go figure!

I can't remember what all was re-aligned - was a couple

edit: I should clarify - that was found to NOT be the cause of the noise - as it still did it afterwards! But it was an issue in itself.