Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Belt slipp at high revs ls1

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
What speed does it usually idle at, because all the a/c does it put more load on the motor so it idles higher to compensate. Maybe when your a/c kicks in it idles then at the correct (or better) speed. Dunno really just a thought

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
Idle sits just over 500 , u could almost call it 500 . When its cold sits about 800 to 700 . Also the tune was done at chapmans auto repairs cooroy ?? . Some times it won't have choppy idle but than it well start doing every 10 to 20 seconds and after a couple times it well stop doing it than do it again kinda odd ?? . When I look at the engine the hole engine moves a lot like its about to stall it doesn't and it doesn't feel of any loss of power at all , any idea guys . I appreciate your help

vs2DSIRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz ss
They car still drives very well and doesn't hesitate at all . It has to be the tune I recon , maybe it's gone to shet after the stall converter

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
stall converter will not change the idle at all, get the tune looked at reputable tuner here in brissy

SHT 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S
Ok mine is now doing it again and i have already changed all the belts, idlers and the tensioner assembly with genuine parts.

Any one able to put their finger on the problem

neephius

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M A4
it is inertia on the water pump I just done all of my belts and pulleys . I had to replace the upper tensioner you can get them on ebay brand new for about $135 to $150 it is absolutely worth replacing all belts and tensioners and pulleys around the same time if you can.

If they fail at high rpm or quick revs between gear change here's a vid of a fail under load. this is not the worst that can happen usually 1 belt break takes out all the other belts

LS1 Belt tensioner fail - YouTube

Kind Regards