Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Bent my Baby what now

mattattack1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
New to forum and Vic,recently bent my 09 man ssv and discovered that insurance has lapsed. Chasing that up but doesn't look good. Owes me plenty and probably a $10K repair so best option might be to sell as is, just wondering what some
options might be as I haven't had to do anything like this before. I see you can advertise on Just Commodores so would obviously consider that, what about wreckers/panel shops?Anyone experienced in this ?
Cheers

SUSS8

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 Holden Calais VR V8
You won't get much from the wreckers at all. If you can,would recommend stripping what you can and sell them for parts. Or advertise it as a whole car on the forum or some where and you might get a little more than what the wreckers would give you.

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
New to forum and Vic,recently bent my 09 man ssv and discovered that insurance has lapsed. Chasing that up but doesn't look good. Owes me plenty and probably a $10K repair so best option might be to sell as is, just wondering what some
options might be as I haven't had to do anything like this before. I see you can advertise on Just Commodores so would obviously consider that, what about wreckers/panel shops?Anyone experienced in this ?
Cheers

See a wrecker and see how much they'll give you, then add on $10,000. Then compare that amount to the value of the vehicle when its not smashed..

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
An '09 SSV would still be worth quite a bit of money so I would borrow $10k and get it fixed.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I see you can advertise on Just Commodores so would obviously consider that,

Please read the rules regarding the classified sections.

Cheers.

mattattack1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
Looks like they go for around 35 to 40K at the moment. Problem for me is spending another 10K on a car (plus property repairs and legals)that still owes too much isn't the best financial move. A loan will be tough - just moved just changed job etc etc.
Best I can foresee is to get rid of it as is, to someone who can repair it and then they have a great car for a reduced price.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Probably the best thing to do financially would be to fix it and then sell it and buy a cheaper car.

10k of damage is going to devalue the car by a lot more then 10k.

mattattack1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Commodore
OK have decided to fix the car and keep it till I own it.Can anyone recommend good smash repairer on the west side of Melbourne? hoppers xing,altona,werribee etc?