Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best audio upgrade for all VN-VP-VR-VS.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
I have been doing a bit of scientific study, and I have come up with a sure fire way to make All the stereos sound better...

First,

Take off your number plate.

Then,

Put something soft behind it (a rag, some foam.. girlfriends boobies)

Lastly,

Replace the number plate.

You will find that instantly your car will sound 100% less crap, especially if you have subs.

(to anyone that hasnt picked up, this is sarcasm)

Doesnt matter how much you spend on equipment, if every panel in your car rattles, then it sounds like ****, especially from the outside... at traffic lights... yes, im talking about the grey VP on Findon Road.

Anyway, happy easter everyone!

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: gotta love the rattles

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I agree that rattling sounds ****, but if it sounds good in the car and you are in it, why care what others are hearing?

Just like some people like power, others like looks. Do you call someone who spends 15 grand on a motor which makes his run-down car run sub 10secs an idiot. or the guy who spends 15 grand on his car to look good, ie. rims, paint, interior, body kit ect.

VNCalais98K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais no more
Who said someones an idiot for doing up their car?

Im just saying that rattly cars sound ****e.

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah rattles are crazy..... Every sick VL i see sounds like its about to fall apart lol, my rattles rnt too back, the rear vision mirror is the worst, it keeps undoing itself lol. Other than that nothin to stress about really

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
but if it sounds good in the car and you are in it, why care what others are hearing?

My thoughts exactly. My boot rattles from my sub, but i cant hear any rattling at all from the inside so i dont care what it sounds like on the outside. I didnt buy my stereo for people outside my car to listen to, so as long as it sounds good on the inside its all good.

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
My thoughts exactly. My boot rattles from my sub, but i cant hear any rattling at all from the inside so i dont care what it sounds like on the outside. I didnt buy my stereo for people outside my car to listen to, so as long as it sounds good on the inside its all good.

Agreed. I didn't buy my car for someone else to drive and I didn't buy my stereo for someone else to hear.

Also I don't have the time and the money to find and fix every little noise my car makes, just so the people outside can hear some muffled song without rattles.

Last edited:

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
Yeah rattles are crazy..... Every sick VL i see sounds like its about to fall apart lol, my rattles rnt too back, the rear vision mirror is the worst, it keeps undoing itself lol. Other than that nothin to stress about really

hahaha my old vl calais used to rattle like crazy with 2 12's..... sad thing is i lost my number plate due to it hahaha i dont have a vl anymore..... or 2 12's

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
My old vh was crazy with, number plate, spoiler, boot, roof, rear bumper bar, heater inlets, rear vision mirror, n dat was only with a single 12"

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
you should care what people outside your car think....they shouldn't be hearing you at all :)