Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Brake Pads for Street??

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Have the DS2500s on my Maloo. Dusty as f''k and squeal like a bitch. Going to change to EBC Red Stuff ceramic

Clearly not bedded in properly. I have had them on my car for nearly 2 year and they only squeal if you really use them hard.

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Clearly not bedded in properly. I have had them on my car for nearly 2 year and they only squeal if you really use them hard.
They were bedded in just fine ... twice even. They don't like stop start town driving.

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
I had HPX pads & DBA T2 Slotted rotors fitted to my last FG falcon and I almost had to put my foot through the firewall to get the thing to pull up! I always though those pads were hard and found they needed a lot of heat in them to perform well.

wayneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE
I have had EBC Reds squeal in one vehicle and then behave in another. I am guessing it may be the way that they are bedded in. This could be the case for some of the other brands? EBC Reds are normally around the $150-$200ish mark...(from memory) a lot more than the QFM HPX...Ferodos are also in the $150-$200ish bracket...makes me wonder if the QFMs will be on par/better?

Off to the Natz now! Maybe they have some good deals!

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I just checked my invoice, I had the QFM A1RM pads fitted, the more track orientated pads compared to the HPX. I don't suffer from any squeal, grinding etc, and they are good to go from cold. Fantastic pedal feel. So I have never experienced any issues at all and will not use any other pad.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Do you know if you can get the QFM A1RM pads for the rear Brembo's? Also how much were they?

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Do you know if you can get the QFM A1RM pads for the rear Brembo's? Also how much were they?

Call the guys at GSLRallySport for answers 1300 884 836

Also +1 for A1RM.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Call the guys at GSLRallySport for answers 1300 884 836

Also +1 for A1RM.

Thanks!

I called them up and bought a set of rear A1RM's for the Brembo's. The fronts are quite a few weeks away, so they upgraded them to Forza's at no extra cost ($119 compared to $189). The bloke at GSL said the Forza's perform better in every way (including rotor wear) compared to the A1RM's. He said the ARM's wear rotors when cold. I'll have the rotors machined before I fit them as the EBC Reds were starting to pulse a bit.

Cheers.

Last edited: