Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best brand blank CD's

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Can't Beat Verbatim. ;)

http://www.verbatim.com.au/products.cfm?productID=94755

Spindle of 50 Blank White Printable CD's RRP $29.95
94755_0.jpg

If you have a inkjet printer such as the Canon IP4200 you can print directly onto these cd's.
They come out great too. I use hundreds of these and never have a problem with them.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
VT97 said:
burning the disk at a slower speed can help reduce errors, or better quality disk tdk are pretty good
i think the skipping is because most stand alone cheap (under a grand or 2) cd players dont chache the data, and so the tiny gaps created when burning a cd at higher speeds makes the sound skip.
personally i have never had a tdk gold fail on me and they are pretty cheap in 100 spindals.

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Bah, I get my CD's in boxes of 500, $200 for a box of 500 'cleanskin' Verbatim CD's, or $250 for 500 'cleanskin' Verbatim DVD's. Can't argue with that.

What with everything in life, you get what you pay for. And generally the more of something you get, the better the price.

J

jayderichards

You don't need to buy a excellent brand of CD's... just burn as deep as possible... l think its 8x on a CDR

mouce

Physics Geek
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Series 1 Executive Sedan
Actually it would be 1x. The slower the burn the better the contrast between the light and the dark sections of the disc.

Doesn't matter what speed you burn at though, a good quality disc will always give you a better quality burn than a cheap crap disc.

fentos

Reaction score
New2Holden said:
Thanks guys, I'll give the expensive CD's a spin and see how they go. Seems like TDK is the way to go. I'll try the slow burn as well. The skip/jump was a new CD just burnt, straight from the puter to the car. Burnt it again on another brand of CD, same result. Both play OK on home CD player and wifes Mitsubishi Lancer (thanks General). I am using Imitation CD from Tricky Dicky's and Phillips CD which I picked up in America for $US6.00 spindle of 50 Maybe a case of "uze get what uze pay for". I'll go top shelf and report on the result.

If its working fine with other cars headunits and your home CD player - I think your unit is really really f*Ckd! But I could be wrong...maybe it just doesnt like the cheapies...I guess it wants to dine in style...or however the saying goes.