Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best brand of fuel?

Sgt Santa Cruz

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR Statesman
Shell Seems to be the Go BP aint bad either but hey fuels fuel and ya need it just not from 7-11 hahaha

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
I definately notice a slight improvement when I use fuel from Shell, so I try to use this when I can.

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
Shell seems to be pullin 1st place and BP 2nd as i thought.
Thanx for your replys .

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport
I filled up my other ride, VT1 wagon for a trip down south over the last 4 days, loaded up rear section, bike rack + 2 bikes on the tow ball and 4 family members. filled up in perth on BP ultimate for the 1st time and did approx 640kms on the tank. no cruise control and found it to have run slightly better than on shell fuel, although it generally runs on 95 ron unleaded most of the time, so that could be the cause of the ride difference. would generally get around 580-600k on 95 ron unleaded.

use mostly shell premium for my clubby though, but may add a few tanks of ultimate here and there in between.

leonthalion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII LS1 Wagon
Shell All the way, my merc is hell sensitive to dirty fuel and it coughs and splatters if i get it from anywhere else.

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
i stay away from shell because its been proven that out of all the major brands that shell's fuel is less refined and contains more muck than any other brand. I prefer to use BP Ultimate.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
i stay away from shell because its been proven that out of all the major brands that shell's fuel is less refined and contains more muck than any other brand. I prefer to use BP Ultimate.

And this "proof" is based on what and by whom?

Reaper

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
Mobil 8000 all the way!

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
some servos are **** then others just depends where u go im using shell cause i get 4c off discount and it also runs alot better n smoother so i want use anything else my mate has told me to try mobil 8000 but im just gonna stay with shell
:D