Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best CAI for my VZ SV6

WoodsySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6
Hey all looking for the best CAI for my VZ SV6. Been weighing up the options of either going for an OTR with tune or a Growler kit with a tune. Going for a tune no matter what i get but wanting to get the best power for money I can! Any advice? Currently running a custom 2.5" exhaust and manifold spacers.

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
I think MACE Engineering has done a kit with a V8 OTR, would be a good mod with a tune

WoodsySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6
Yeah I was looking on their site today. The only thing im wary of is the fact that its to suit a V8 and whether I can get a proper tune done down here.

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
im pretty sure the fitment on a VZ v6 and a VZ v8 would be the same, would just need a longer silicone fitting from back of OTR to the throttle body, since the engine is shorter

WoodsySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6
That's a good point mate cheers! Next major mods I wanna do are the OTR with tune, a set of pacemakers and a cam package which MACE have brought out. Should be looking at about a 40-55 rwkw gain hopefully!

s65481

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS UTE
Sounds like alot of cash for not too much of a gain... considered forced induction?

WoodsySV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SV6
Yeah that thought has crossed my mind, the wallet is gonna play a big part in this though. Have found a few supercharger packages which have caught my eye. Definitely on the cards though