Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best direction to place a sub ????

lieos

what ford i didnt see it
Reaction score
the reason the subs sounds louder when facin out is because the subs sound wave is increased bacause before it enters the cabin it uses the boot the increase the sound wave. where as facin straight into the car the bass wave is what the sub puts out

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
In other words the sub is louder in smaller area's. Eg. Hatchback cars, boots etc.
Having it facing into the cabin of a sedan is a much larger area and will not be as loud, facing it into the boot it is projecting into a smaller area and will be louder, as its only qaurter of the size of the cabin in a sedan. You just have to eliminate all those annoying rattles liek the number plate and boot lid hehe.

Sorry but the post above was abit mumble jumble but you were on the right track! :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
talk about a subject done to death.

You need to factor in standing waves.
Expansion waves
Half wavelengths
Full wavelengths
quarter..yadda yadda yadda.

I have given trying to explain to people the logic behind how it works. It got to the point where I now say this...

Coiners. Put the sub in one way and drive around for a week. Th next week turn it around and listen to it for a week. Which one sounds better? Good! Now put it the way you want it and screw the bitch down and leave it there.

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
oh come on 12volt and stone! lets read another couple of pages of them trying to cinvince each other that the boot lead increases the bass volume magically and that its better to mount the amps on a nice weak **** mdf board so the thief can just grab the thing and run!
:b: :b: :b: :b: :b:

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
12Voltking said:
talk about a subject done to death.

You need to factor in standing waves.
Expansion waves
Half wavelengths
Full wavelengths
quarter..yadda yadda yadda.

I have given trying to explain to people the logic behind how it works. It got to the point where I now say this...

Coiners. Put the sub in one way and drive around for a week. The next week turn it around and listen to it for a week. Which one sounds better? Good! Now put it the way you want it and screw the bitch down and leave it there.

Didnt someone already say that above? Oh it was me, thats right.

oh come on 12volt and stone! lets read another couple of pages of them trying to cinvince each other that the boot lead increases the bass volume magically and that its better to mount the amps on a nice weak **** mdf board so the thief can just grab the thing and run!

Whats the difference between mounting it on MDF then on metal? Its just as easy to unscrew it no matter where it is mounted in the boot, Unless you can think of a magic device that is going to stop thieves from stealing it?
Who said he was going to mount it on a "weak **** mdf board"?

More people post bullshit around here and repeating what other people say then posting something useful.
Not hear to start an arguement just a discussion.

COINERS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY.10
This is my so called "weak **** mdf board"
DSC00627.jpg

Just like to thank all you guys for your help with my delema. Expecialy defyet and stonex.
ill post up photos late next week.
Thanks guys
Nick

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
defyet, calm down. The reason things get repeated around here is because they are generally correct. The more you hear the same thing generally the closer to the truth it is. But not always.

If you have any further issues then please feel free to contact myself and the rest of the Admin/Moderator team at [email protected] and we will discuss any further issues you have.

defyet

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
No issues at all and if i had a problem i would do it over email/pm and not for public viewing. :cool2:

Nick, the MDF looks fine to mount an amp on. ;) Let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Scott

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
Yeah I always have mine facing the back around 30cm from the back of the car but different locations suit different subs, suit needed boot space. My mates also believe in the rear facing subs. The loudest subs I have heard was my mates 2 15's in a weird enclosure (like 2 large barrels) and they were pointed at the rear corners of the boot. He got around 150db They are JL's, I couldn't sit in the car with it up I felt ill. He went to a local comp and blew the shops car out of the water but he got disqualified for sitting in the car at over 140db because his remote wouldn't work through his new tint. Funny ****.