Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best double din DVD for under $300

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE

uNEEk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 3.8 V6 EQUIPE
yea mate i picked this exact one up on ebay about 2 months ago for $200.. it is sweet! does everything u need, touch screen, full wide screen dvd player, plays nearlly every format of music/video u can get aswell! i would definitely recommend it to you if your on a budget.. i have a pic of it going in my VT, i will post it.. bbut i would recommend a professional install as me and a mate did mine and ther is a few hassles getting it into a VT.. but yea go hard mate =D

Cheers

2eflxd5.jpg

2LOUD2OLD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i sure wouldnt expect much from dvd player costing under $300, i suggest you save a bit more and buy from a reputable brand ratherr than some ebay rubbish

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Iv had another version in that brand for almost 2 years and its great everything still works fine!

Only downfall is they dont have the audio fine tuning like expensive brands but for the money mate i love it

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
ok thanks,

its funny the people that have seen them advertised but never tried all say "There ****"

But the only reviews ive heard from people that have tried them all say they like them..

how about output power?
i have 60RMS speakers in my car with 120w peak power, the output of that unit is only 65w does this mean i will need an amp to power my speakers?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Nah mate you cant under power speakers

I run a set of splits off the headunit an 7x10s of an amp and another amp running the sub

would make a big difference if the h/u had amp control but you just tune it to suit and they crank pretty good (Y)

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
ok thanks mate,
sorry but what do you mean if the head unit had amp control, and that you tune it to suit?

I have a monoblock amp
KS-AX6300.jpeg
How could i hook it up to the head unit? (could i just use the rear plugs since i have a ute?) Also would i be able to adjust the sub on the head unit? or would i do that from the amp?

You said i cant "under power speakers" so you mean they would run, but i wouldnt be getting the full potential from them?
How much would i be looking at for an amp to run them?

Also do you get TV reception at all?
I wouldnt think so, and probably wouldnt use it, but just curious if you get any channels?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
Well most good headunits have amp control.. so you can control the output level to them which answers your next question the few iv seen werent able to adjust amp volume so you have to tune the amps the best you can and change the equalizer so it all sounds good together...

nothing wrong with using the rear aux plugs for the subs amp you just wont have the same bass levels as you would from a proper sub output

And the max power rating is basically the most the speaker can handle before it burns out they will be fine from the headunit plus the headunit is 65w per channel so its over nominal running power of the speakers so its perfect

and i get all channels on tv depending where i am.. not perfect signal tho but good enough to watch

but with the dvd player and my ps2 plugged up you dont need tv haha

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
hmm well apparently to install a double din to my vs i have to modify/move the heater box, i will have a look at it in the next few days and see how confidant i am at doing it. but i will probably find a foldout single din dvd player or just get a normal headunit :(