Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Engine For Budget Track Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Have you "personally" seen how long a Ecotec can last on boost vs a LS1? If not, please don't comment.
P.S. Hakhawk & Hoska91, have you both compared the longevity between a Ecotec engine and a LS1?

No i have never owned a Turbocharged Ecotec, have you?

I made my assumption off your own comment, that it would need replacing on a regular basis. What would you say is a regular basis? One week? One month? 6? Obviously depending on use.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Have you "personally" seen how long a Ecotec can last on boost vs a LS1? If not, please don't comment.
P.S. Hakhawk & Hoska91, have you both compared the longevity between a Ecotec engine and a LS1 on boost?

why are you bringing me into this? i havent posted in this thread til now.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
No i have never owned a Turbocharged Ecotec, have you?

I made my assumption off your own comment, that it would need replacing on a regular basis. What would you say is a regular basis? One week? One month? 6? Obviously depending on use.

Yes I have.
As a matter of fact both could need replacing as often as either as your pathetic examples.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Yes I have.
As a matter of fact both could need replacing as often as either as your pathetic examples.

This is very true!! :)

I'm just rather curious how often a "regular basis" is in your terms. As it's a direct relation to how much money would be invested. I'm also confused as why you're being so sensitive? No person is doubting that the V6 engine is an option, but it's simply more expensive then the V8 alternative.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
why are you bringing me into this? i havent posted in this thread til now.

No but you liked a comment that directly put down the V6 vs the V8 (which suggests you like the point of view of an idividual on this forum, that suggested that the v6 is inferior) hence why I mentioned you in my last comment.
Is that a problem?

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

I'm just rather curious how often a "regular basis" is in your terms. As it's a direct relation to how much money would be invested. I'm also confused as why you're being so sensitive? No person is doubting that the V6 engine is an option, but it's simply more expensive then the V8 alternative.

V6 iron block VS the LS1 Alloy block, please tell me what YOU based your opinion on? Which is stronger?? Nice of you to change your post & make out like I'm sticking up for the V6 crowd. Yes the V6 option is more expensive that the V8/LS1 option. Depending on how much boost you run & the overall result you seek!

Last edited:

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

How often do either need to be replaced? I'm asking you, as you seem to know (regardless of not owning either engine) you seem to be the expert...

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
V6 iron block VS the LS1 Alloy block, please tell me what YOU based your opinion on? Which is stronger??

How often do either need to be replaced? I'm asking you, as you seem to know (regardless of not owning either engine) you seem to be the expert...

I don't know. I went off your comments.

Which is why I'm awaiting your answer on a turbocharged V6's longevity. :)

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
I don't know.

Which is why I'm awaiting your answer on a turbocharged V6's longevity. :)

It depends on many thing, just like with an LS1, so if you want to be a smart *** about it, please go into details on you perfect LS1 combination??

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
It depends on many thing, just like with an LS1, so if you want to be a smart *** about it, please go into details on you perfect LS1 combination??

Once again, I don't know.

Basically, I'm trying to gather constructive information from you. It's becoming increasingly hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.