Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Engine On NSW P's

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Hi

i have a vk commodore and am on my Red p's in NSW. i have a black carbed 202 and want something with a bit more power.. what would be a good V6 for it that is p plate legal.

thanks

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Are you allowed an engine swap on those Ps? if so the ecotec has the most power, ecotec on a vn/p loom and vn/p gearbox :)

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
no performance enhancing mods, engine swap is considered just that im afraid

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
I would have thought if you are swapping it for another V6, it should not be a problem. Damn NSW laws!

If the VK Had a V6, then Im sure there wouldnt be such a problem.

mookschank

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Get rid of emission control crap ie. make it look as if it works for the cops then upgrade the 202 with head, pistons, cam work. Be faster than most V6s going around.....and cheaper!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
Get rid of emission control crap ie. make it look as if it works for the cops then upgrade the 202 with head, pistons, cam work. Be faster than most V6s going around.....and cheaper!

lol. thats it hey? just a cam, pistons and getting rid of the "emission control crap"

i dunno, but i cant help but feel that a fuel injected v6 would pump any old 202. "emissioncontrol crap" or not.

anyways, the amount of engineering headaches you would face putting a v6 in wouldnt be worth it. stick to your 202 till your off yours p's. we all had to do it and so do you. unless you dont mind a lot of fines.

mrvk84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk sl 6
At the end of the day just mod the 202 once off ur p's upgrade if u choose, if i was u stick to old school.

06vzcalais

Reaction score
crap im a nsw p plater i need to read up on my rules and regs i didnt know that about the performance enhancement thing hope to hell i dont get pulled up and looked over i guess if i blend in with the crowd ill be fine no hooning