Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best exhuast

V

vyyoot

I don't know if you could acheive 30kw just out of any exhaust though...... :whistling[/QUOTE]

My point exactly. I have a set of HM headers a 2.5 inch system, high flow cat and a supercat muffler on my v6 VY manual ute and I doubt I gained 30rwkw and my supplier said my headers are the best available! Even HSV use HM headers!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
if you remap/piggybackthe ecu with a performance setup, 30rwkw is more possible than just a bolt on an exhaust. Might as well make the most of the power gained by the exhaust.

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
I was lookin gat the exhaust on my V6 VY and thought the only real restriction would be the back box, or last muffler.

Am contemplating replacing it with a V8 Adventurer one as they look the goods and can flow a 5.7 with out too much noise.

Any opinions on the Aventurer mufflers?

massie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Ute
I've got a VYII ute V6 ecotec and resently got a new exhaust system.

12" lukey hotdog-hotdog system. Included 2 1/2" pipe from the cat back.
I must say i'm very satisfied with the system, it gives a sweet arse note.
Prob not too much change to power (definatly not 30kw!!!)

Apparently the guys have done a few ecotecs and this is the only way to get a decent note from it. (its meant to be a quiet engine!!!)

Cost: $350 in Perth December '05
Highly recommended !!! Best value for money (saves going all out on extractors etc.)

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
Well I went for a 2 & 1/2" straight thru not more than 3 hours ago. I have to pick her up after work. I just told them I wanted a subtle "sporty" note to it. Nothing too exotic as I don't think it looks right to have a newish model car with a V6 in it getting around town that you can hear 8 blocks away.

I think they are doing a custom job. $380....will have to let you know what it sounds like and what brand it is after I get it back.....

brentmc

Custom: Better than stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYS S1
Well, I know I said I'd let you know how it sounded and I've decided to do just that. Its a little difficult to explain a sound in words so I've set up a link to a recording I made of the exhaust itself.

The start of the sound is the car driving off which fades out and into another snippet of the car driving by and away.

As for the exhaust, I can't tell you much about it as when I picked it up the bloke who worked on it had already left. All I can say is that I'm happy with it.

Listen to the exhaust here. (mp3 format, 348k)

blowera1

FranticTicToc2
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Ute 3.8l M5
hey wot system r u running????