Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best flowing QUIET 2.5" inlet muffler

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Hi all, this is my first post but I've been reading a lot.

Have done a fair bit of searching but most people are after louder mufflers. I'm after a pair of mufflers that are as quiet as possible but flow VERY well ( and I don't want varex ).
Anyway, anyone have any info they could share ?

Cheers.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
My mate put a full X-Force 2 1/2 system on his WM Grange and to be honest it's sounds exactly the same.

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Hi all, this is my first post but I've been reading a lot.

Have done a fair bit of searching but most people are after louder mufflers. I'm after a pair of mufflers that are as quiet as possible but flow VERY well ( and I don't want varex ).
Anyway, anyone have any info they could share ?

Cheers.
try lukeys,i had them and theyre not much different to stock sound,well on my ss they were.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
Firstly, thanks for the responses all.

I've been doing a fair bit of research and I think Lukey might be the best option.

I've got to say, the SIDI SV6 has to be one of the hardest cars to get a "good" exhaust system for..... I've now tried 5 different sets of mufflers on the back of the factory system ( almost all caused drone ), and I've tried 4 different complete systems ( almost all droned ). I won't voice my opinions on the systems etc I've tried because it's likely to start an argument. What I will say though is that the best solution I've found so far is the one I have at the moment being a E3 HSV bi-modal mid section with the factory SV6 cans. It looks stock but there's more torque, more power and zero drone. Just want a set of rear cans ( probably the Lukey's ) to give it just a bit of note and a different look when I get bored.

Anyways, thanks again for your input.:beer chug:

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
try lukeys,i had them and theyre not much different to stock sound,well on my ss they were.

Out of interest, do you know which Lukey muffler he fitted ?

Just found out there's the standard one, turbo one, valve one and the race one.........:doh:

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
Out of interest, do you know which Lukey muffler he fitted ?

Just found out there's the standard one, turbo one, valve one and the race one.........:doh:

lukey performance for the ve were the mufflers i had.straight thru 2.5 in, 2.5 single out

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Firstly, thanks for the responses all.

I've been doing a fair bit of research and I think Lukey might be the best option.

I've got to say, the SIDI SV6 has to be one of the hardest cars to get a "good" exhaust system for..... I've now tried 5 different sets of mufflers on the back of the factory system ( almost all caused drone ), and I've tried 4 different complete systems ( almost all droned ). I won't voice my opinions on the systems etc I've tried because it's likely to start an argument. What I will say though is that the best solution I've found so far is the one I have at the moment being a E3 HSV bi-modal mid section with the factory SV6 cans. It looks stock but there's more torque, more power and zero drone. Just want a set of rear cans ( probably the Lukey's ) to give it just a bit of note and a different look when I get bored.

Anyways, thanks again for your input.:beer chug:

It would be good if you did post up your info on the different systems you went through, as forum members will get to look at your results and make an informed decision when it comes time to buy a system for themselves - as this is what a forum is all about imo

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
It would be good if you did post up your info on the different systems you went through, as forum members will get to look at your results and make an informed decision when it comes time to buy a system for themselves - as this is what a forum is all about imo

Thats cool but everyone has their own idea of what sounds good so my opinion is subjective.

Also, I can't remember all the full systems I tried at the moment. They were all mid to low end systems. I have'nt yet tried the top end ones like Pacemaker or Manta. On my manual SIDI, "ALL" the 2.5" systems I tried droned at start-up and at about 105ish kph, top gear, light to full load. The best after market system I tried was the 2.25" X-Force mild steel system ( also the cheapest ) but this also droned a bit under the same conditions. On a side note, IMO the mild steel systems sound much better than the stainless ones. The only stainless 2.5"one that sounded half decent was the Mr.Muffler one but it was pretty bloody loud.

As for the rear mufflers ( factory SIDI front & mid sections ) I've tried.....

Stainless steel evilebay ones = pretty loud & droned.
RedBack = a bit louder than Berkley but still caused drone.
Berkley = quietest of the after market ones but still droned.
Walker = horrible tinny sound. Pretty quiet but :spew:
Can't remember what the other brand was but it was straight through style and sounded like a hotdog.

I doubt that helps anyone but that's my 2 cents.

Will take some pics soon of what I have now and post them up as that might be helpfull.