Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best H7 globes for VE headlights ?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So without getting backyard stuff off E bay, what are the best globes i can get for my low beams off the shelf at Repco, Supercheap and places like that ? H7 i think
Phillips plus 50%, Hella, Narva. ...
I blew a globe the other day ...dam automatic safety lights switching them on and off all the time lol.:idea3:

noddycommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore bt1
Phillips has just released the +100 % globe range you can get them from Bursons or Repco

SteveHatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
i psent 80 bucks on phillips globes at autobarn when my globes blew the first time....then when the phillips blew my dad went to some globe shop and bought two no name H7 globes for 3.50 each and they look exactly the same......could have saved myself $73 :(
dont be silly like me

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Er what the Fudge is a Globe Shop ? Sounds good if they exist, i like single digit car parts. Just like the time i had to buy a new brake pedal rubber for the Mrs suby, cost me $4 from the dealer.
The real question is were the phillips and the no name ones any better than the originals ?
I had narva plus 50 in my old commy, and they were really only 10or 20 % better than standard.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i psent 80 bucks on phillips globes at autobarn when my globes blew the first time....then when the phillips blew my dad went to some globe shop and bought two no name H7 globes for 3.50 each and they look exactly the same......could have saved myself $73 :(
dont be silly like me

I stupidly bought a set of 80, and it had parkers in it as well, i put them in and wanted to take them back for a refund, biggest waiste of money i have ever spent. I'd just get the standard globe you buy off the shelf. IMO

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I bought a set of calibre from supercheap.Cost about $45 for the pair Found them to be whiter than what was in .But the holden lights are crap compared to my wifes Aurions. They aren`t HID. look more like house style bulbs but 300% better lighting of the road

nick_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II V6
I just bought and installed Phillips CrystalVision 4300k globes in the parkers, low and hi beams of my VY. I was going to get standard replacements just for the globes that had blown, but I opted for these because I drive up through Emerald at least once a fortnight and the extra light will help with the blind corners and the cockheads that like to sit on 70 in the 100 zones.. :) They also come in H7 and I would recommend them to anyone who wants something noticeably better than the standard white/yellow.