Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best mods for vx supercharged v6?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Why is when mentioning upgrading a 6, there are people that want to wipe the 6 and go straight for the V8?

To me, there is nothing wrong with spending a few bucks on a 6, just to liven it up a little, without the expense of upgrading to a 8, just for the hell of it. Geez, the 6cyl car might have some sentimental value, or a case of the better the devil you know, that the one you don't.

Yes, a little off topic, but it seems all to common place when even the words upgrade 6 come to play.

Oh and sorry I can't add too much tech advise in this area

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Apparently NSW .. That was when I researched it ten yea ago.... Internet has gotten a bit more reliable since then.....

Every state seems to modify cop cars, whilst in the cops hands.....It's is strange, that when these cop cars go to auction, they are mysteriously the same as an everyday car, with a few minor exceptions, that aren't performance based....The only performance modifications is the people that buy them from the auction who mysteriously think they have a fast car....

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Every state seems to modify cop cars, whilst in the cops hands.....It's is strange, that when these cop cars go to auction, they are mysteriously the same as an everyday car, with a few minor exceptions, that aren't performance based....The only performance modifications is the people that buy them from the auction who mysteriously think they have a fast car....

The only performance modifications to any Police car in Aus that I know of was a batch of VK's that were done over by HDT way back in the day. Beyond that they had electrical mods for radio's and the like plus some got upgraded alternators to deal with sitting idling for long periods.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Police vehicles got a shielded PCM...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The only performance modifications to any Police car in Aus that I know of was a batch of VK's that were done over by HDT way back in the day. Beyond that they had electrical mods for radio's and the like plus some got upgraded alternators to deal with sitting idling for long periods.

It shows that the mods were general public available stuff......The wiring/alternators weren't really performance, just a necessity to run the stuff required by the force