Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best place to buy bilstein struts

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
Hey people im after a source for bilstein shocks at a good price.
After a quick search on the net ive only found vcm motor sport that do a bilstein and h&r spring combo for $1799. Im waiting on a email back wether they do the struts seperate and what the ride height will be for the h &r .
Im currently running walkinshaw lowered springs on the standard clubsport shocks i dont want to go much lower if any at all then it is now.

Prefferbly want a place where i can get the shocks and new strut tops from and please dont reckomend pedders not a fan of there gear or service
My theory is if you can afford a hsv you can afford good suspension for it .
Thanks in advanced for helping out.

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
As above, Greg from GSL all the way.

clubby500

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve clubsport
So ive found the supplier i want to get the bilsteins from but im still undecided in wether to go coil overs or strut. I still want comfort and from whay ive heard the bilstein coil over do still ride ok. Has anyone here got them in there ve?

HEXEM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6
Couple of things to think about. If you choose struts and rear shocks (with the springs of course) there will be no adjustment - "fit and forget".. If you choose coil overs you generally have the ability to fine tune the suspension once installed to your liking (such as firmness or softness of ride/handeling and overall ride height) great to if you intend on have a few track days.

Unlike the basic strut and rear shock, if later down the track you find the springs settle and settle to low for your liking, the adjustable coil overs give you the option to increase the ride height back to where it started. From what I have read they can be a bit fiddly setting up, but a good workshop can be worth its weight in gold in this respect..

In the end it all comes down to what you intend to do with the car.. eg; just a daily driver, alot track days, etc. I think the right shock and spring choice/selection is cruital to begin with, ones that match nicely together. Besides the places alread mentioned if you want somewhere reasonable close to do the work for you, contact Luke at Wholesale Suspensions in Penrith. Great place, you get to watch the complete install process all carried out in their workshop (which is pretty impressive).

Cheers
Phil

revinR1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Is the place your getting them and the work done local in Newcastle.. If so can you say who please

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Actually, the rear bilstein shocks have 6mm of height adjustment - may be enough.

I have a pair that have never been on a car if there is any interest. As new condition except for a few paint chips and scratches. I bought them to go onto my SSV but never got around to it.

Red Hot Mike