Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best place to get timing chain replaced in melbourne

floyed007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina
Hi all, well the time has come for me to get timing chain replaced om my 07 ve berlina 3.6 litre, just seeing what experience people have had in regard to pricing and places to get them done,I'm S/E suburbs, ive been quoted a few places seems 2k is the going rate.
P.S, i have had the software update which helped for a few months now p0018 is back,
Thanks.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Has your car been serviced at holden it's whole life?
Because mine had, they did it as a "warrenty" job. Which only cost me about $900-1000 at booran holden dandenong.
You just need to push the point that it's a known and admitted fault by holden, and make them contact gmh.

If it hasn't. Then yeah as far as I know the going rate is approx 2k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

floyed007

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina
Because mine had, they did it as a "warrenty" job. Which only cost me about $900-1000 at booran holden dandenong.
You just need to push the point that it's a known and admitted fault by holden, and make them contact gmh.

mate,unfortunatly not been serviced at a holden dealer,I have 180k on the clock.
A place i found in coburg will do for $1500, but they said if theres sludge in the heads it will be 2k.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition

Car's 6 years old. Ain't nobody gonna warranty that.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
Car's 6 years old. Ain't nobody gonna warranty that.

Sent from here, so you can read it there. via iPhone.

Mine was an 06 calais, with 110,000 on the clock, and it got done in 2011 in December. So nearly 6 years old.
It's done as a "warrenty" job because it's an admitted fault by gmh. But ONLY if the cars always been serviced by holden. Otherwise they won't do it.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Mine was an 06 calais, with 110,000 on the clock, and it got done in 2011 in December. So nearly 6 years old.
It's done as a "warrenty" job because it's an admitted fault by gmh. But ONLY if the cars always been serviced by holden. Otherwise they won't do it.

It's not Warranty then if you had to pay. It's good will on their behalf. They would have absorbed the labour cost on the job but gotten you to pay for parts or vice-versa.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
It's not Warranty then if you had to pay. It's good will on their behalf. They would have absorbed the labour cost on the job but gotten you to pay for parts or vice-versa.

Yeah that's correct. But they call it a warranty job.

maxthedralf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V
new statutory warranty laws that where introduced last year say they have to do it for free. the timing chain has to be. fit for purpose.. since they are not. they where ment to last the life of the car, not 100k k's into its life. go print all the tech bulletins from GM stating the faulty timing chain.. also print out ALOT of threads stating that the timing chains need to be replaced from this place and slam that **** down on the managers desk..