Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best place to mount amps

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I have a VS sedan and I need the best place to mount two amps in the boot, 1 response 4 x 50 and 1 response 2 x 150. I was thinking putting them either side of the center drop down seat.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Sabby

MSABBY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS FIFTY
you can make a wood surround for them and install them to the sides of the boot, behind the left and right taillights, thats what ive done anyways.
or if you dont use ur boot, you cud install them into the floor and get some small neons lol, but thats alot of work
just a suggestion tho.
good luck with whatver you end up doing:thumbsup:

Joe Peeps

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Either side of the ski hatch is good, mounted on MDF bolted to the back seats.

sganro

i speak before i think
Reaction score
Members Ride
yet another VS
Either side of the ski hatch is good, mounted on MDF bolted to the back seats.

keeps them out of the way, and doesnt take up any boot space either :thumbsup:

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Thanks for the replies people. Looks like I gotta go get some wood and carpet, also what is the best way to fasten the rear of the seats. I would rather not put it into the plastic of the rear of the seats but the metal beside them.

J

JUDDO13

yeh u could do it that way but if u wanna go a little bit more crazy u could make a false floor where the diff hump is and sink the amps in that cover them in clear plexi glass and but a couple of 12v fans in to cool them ..well thats just wat im going to do with the subs up the back

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
or mount them upside down to the parsal shelf. keeps them a away out of the way!

Exceler8r

(Ex-sell-er-rator)
Reaction score
Website
exceler8ed.enjin.com
Members Ride
MY12.5 VE SS-V Z Series Sportswagon
or mount them upside down to the parsal shelf. keeps them a away out of the way!

With the amount of posts you have created, i'd hate to imagine how many people you have told to bolt them upside down under the parcel shelf.

This is extremely bad for the amp due to overheating, and is actually a major cause of vehicle fires. I know this because i AM a firefighter.

Just some info for you and if you've told anyone recently about this as an idea, i'd suggest telling them otherwise.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Thats interesting. I would have thought that all amps would have thermal cutoff protection. I might go add one to mine.

Just in regards to mounting them in the boot. I made a box for my sub/amp, but you could easily do just your amps. To secure them, I made up two brackets out of aluminium (just from bunnings) that bolt to the metal. When you put the middle seat up, it pushes the box back a little, so there is a gap between the box and the metal. I built the bracket to sit neatly in the little gap. It is invisible from the boot and when you open the back seat.