Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best street tyres for boosted ls1

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Running a worked and boosted vx clubby 392rwkw on safe tune, and this things out of control on the street. Really looking to find the stickiest steet legal tyre for the rears, so that cancels MT et streets.
Have done a lot reading that has steered me away from true semi slicks, but have my eye on Toyo R1r tyres to suit hav 18" rim- 245/40r18 with rolled gaurds. Anyone have anything on these or can recommend something that can hookup in straight line? Dont care about wear.
Cheers

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Try Nt555 nitto. basically a drag radial for little to no actual drag use. Should be super sticky, but not too dodgy in the wet like most dot drag radials.

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Try Nt555 nitto. basically a drag radial for little to no actual drag use. Should be super sticky, but not too dodgy in the wet like most dot drag radials.

Cheers, good read too.
Have you ran these (non R compound)? I looked at the nt555r but all of the nitto r compounds dont suit my wheel size.
I had dunlop sport maxx tt on the back of my ve ss ute, then went to pirelli cinutarto p1 which are quite cheap and their one of the best tyres i've had. I'm leaning towards these if i chose tyres that arent highly recommended, but not sure as my VE has 130rwkw less than my VX and could be a whole different ball came when i light them up between gears.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Cheers, good read too.
Have you ran these (non R compound)? I looked at the nt555r but all of the nitto r compounds dont suit my wheel size.
I had dunlop sport maxx tt on the back of my ve ss ute, then went to pirelli cinutarto p1 which are quite cheap and their one of the best tyres i've had. I'm leaning towards these if i chose tyres that arent highly recommended, but not sure as my VE has 130rwkw less than my VX and could be a whole different ball came when i light them up between gears.
I have evergreen tyres at the moment (the shop advised 800hp drift cars are using them fine) but have spare rims with mickey Thompson street radial II tyres for drags.