Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS3] best streetable camshaft for ls3 maloo

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
hi im buying a ve maloo and looking to do a camshaft in it as soon as i buy it the car will not be driven every day so it can be a bit wild but i still need to drive it in traffic and wet weather so i was just wondering if any one had any suggestions

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Auto or Manual?

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
What does "best streetable camshaft" mean?

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
read between the lines dude. i think what ssv was eluding to is what i may find streetable you will find a nightmare, its all personal taste. best bet is to go see the workshop you plan to use and see what they have to say or shop around if you are yet to choose who to use for the job. also try and see if you can go for a ride in similar setups to see what you like.

if you plan to fit it all yourself speak to the team at vcm as they sell kits with all the parts needed and have many cam profiles to choose from and will be able to help choose a cam to suit your needs/wants

Vz SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SSV Redline
I know a bloke with a work shop and vcm in having issues with cams for these

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
F that can't stand cams that you can't find anything about the specs, Get a custom one made - flowtechinductions.com
Ed Curtis has been working with LS engines for years and has designed his own lobes with the help of Comp Cams