Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best Value For Money Oil?

bluessv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SS Thunder Ute
I spoke with my dealer today and they said the ACDelco Dexos 5w30 in the 20L drum RRP is pprox $230 but he would give it to me for trade which is $162. The trade price for the 5L containers are $40 each so it's no better buying in bulk. If you can source the ACDelco stuff for anywhere near trade then it's far better value than anything you can get at Supercheapauto, including Castrol or Valvoline.

ScottSV6

Reaction score
Website
www.superiorshine.com.au
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Ute
Thats interesting, i had a Truck Sales / Service place thats a Acdelco stockist tell me something like $160 (maybe that wasnt fully synthetic cause i didnt give him a part number). And the woman on the phone at holden told me $140+GST.

When i got to Holden on the computer screen it said GMTCLUB - $140+ and RRP $200+. Thats when i told him the woman on the phone quoted me $140+ and he said thats not right. But ended up giving it to me for that anyway.

I'm guessing GMTCLUB means GM Trade or something? Anyhow next time ill be taking my receipt back in and telling them i want it for that price again, if i cant get it anywhere for that price again ill be spewing. LOL!