Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Best way to get performance on a budget for VY S-pack

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
I'm looking into getting an exhaust for my S-pack, i know there are about a thousand threads about them so before you jump all over me, this isnt all im asking.
I'm not looking for a huge performance gain I would just like a nice rumble and roar..and all do i spose, whats the best way to get an exhaust setup done, without completely redoing the whole system...and is there really much of a difference between redoing the whole thing from the headers/extractors all the way through (im not a massive mechanically skilled person but ide like something that sounds a little meaner than stock) so if you could help me out with what kind of price ide be looking at, and maybe some good places to go to get this done around templestowe/doncaster in eastern melbourne suburbs, ide appreciate it!, thanks guys

breaker91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S1
Hey mate if ur in the Donnie area u can hear mine it's just a redback catback system. Was 300 from ringwood it does the job. If ur looking for a real good note from a 6 ur gonna need to get the whole exhaust done which will be over $1000.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
im not massively concerned with getting the crispest note i can find, just want a half decent note that sounds a bit louder than stock n dont want somee droney whiny sounding exhaust either, where abouts around donnie are u from , im guessing the 91 in ur name is the year u were born, chances are we might of even gone to the same school lol, T-C ftw

breaker91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Executive S1
Donnie. U probs seen my car around it looks the same as urs minus spoiler and 19" Osaka mannus rims and it's pretty low

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah fair enough, i live around king st area n im drivin through to eltham all the time, so next time ur doin that drive through that rediculous apple peel keep an eye out u might see me flyin on through lol

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
cool man thanks, sounds good ill look into it, wouldnt know anybody reputable around eastern suburbs that you know who do them by any chance would you?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
bugger...ah well...and as for the hole punching, think ill give that one a miss!! ...now to work n get some cash together to start doing some tasteful stereo mods instead cos i cbf spending a grand on an exhaust when i could work the sh** out of my sound system for that much