Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

best way to go brisbane to sydey

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
im actually going south of sydney bowral if that makes any difference .seems like its a 50/50 thing .racq could only tell me whatever goes into computer and says coastal road. but lot of people say go new england .????? might go one way there and other back. dont know .

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
whoops read your post wrong ,but I went from brizzy to woollongong (I think thats how you spell it) straight down the coast road no worries ,but there were a few fixed speed cameras along the way once in NSW ,took about 10-12hours I think ,

chris100889

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore v6 3.8
inland road is dull. take coast road even if its longer its worth it.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
i drove the new england to brissy then the coast rd back to sydney
the coast is so much nicer and not that much difference in time either :thumbsup:
hope u have nice drive though

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Just remember if you are travelling the new england (Inland) road, you have a much greater chance of encountering wildlife on the road. (Roos, wallabys, stray cattle and even the odd pig). I have travelled these roads many many times and personally i would recommend to you (the first timer) to take one road going down and the other coming back. That way you can work out your own preference. Plan the coastal road with a bit of extra time so you can stop off somewhere if you see a place you like. But the inland is boring as hell. Drive safe mate.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just remember if you are travelling the new england (Inland) road, you have a much greater chance of encountering wildlife on the road. (Roos, wallabys, stray cattle and even the odd pig). I have travelled these roads many many times and personally i would recommend to you (the first timer) to take one road going down and the other coming back. That way you can work out your own preference. Plan the coastal road with a bit of extra time so you can stop off somewhere if you see a place you like. But the inland is boring as hell. Drive safe mate.

Nah, I used to live in New England. Drove to Sydney every week in the middle of the night. Never saw a single bit of wildlife on the roads :) As far as inland roads go, it's all pretty safe around there.

I think the quickest is easily the coastal road, but the new england is so much more fun :) If you really want a drive to wake you up, head down the coast as far as Grafton, then duck inland via Armidale Road (through clouds creek). It's a bit longer, but it's a BEAUTIFUL road. Still got the old deregulated road signs up from before the days of outback speed limits :)

gazzabrizz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT HSV
hi guys
back from sydney went coastal road down my clubbie averaged 9.2 ltr/ 100 km for the trip which was actually better than when i went in my vs 6cyl a few yrs back
anyway
planned to go new england on way back but was closed due to a serious unfortunate accident at tenterfield .so couldnt compare .

have done new england before but this was first time coastal. yeah wasnt bad huge amount of road works 8o km/hr speed limit going on but when finished will be good..i would recommend traveling nighttime to avoid stop go fellows .