Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Better suspension and brakes???

V

vs 5.0litre

Has anybody done anything to improve the handlling of their VS besides just lowering it?? ie coil overs???
Also i have the DBA Drilled and slotted rotors, but they are still average.
What is everybodys experience with aftermarket brakes??

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Wot my old man did to his vs v8 is -

basiclly, h/duty swaybars, strut brace, good set of coils(they are lowered not sure on size thow), an shocks, but setup properly suspion blokes in sydney(a few $$$$ worth) .. basiclly handles extremly well, drivers very very good, tends to understeer

For brakes, using the same as u.... slotted and x-drilled.... and they are workin very very good, but the best pads he used were bright green(dont remebr the name) thought he would try the pression pads, but they are **** and wont use them again. but much better than stock setup...if u were more serious bout pstopping maybe a bigger rotors/caliper kit would be the next option, but as i said if setup properly it will be fine.

Last edited:
T

thorpey

Lowering doesnt always improve handling, if my memory serves me correctly V8 supercars from the vn - vs series were almost at standard hieght.
DBA are stanard size, you really need bigger rotors, if you have big enough wheels im pretty sure the corvette front system fits without too much hassle. if you want to save dosh you could find reco ones. otherwise if you got the $'s go for a nice AP racing kit.

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Quality springs and shocks (not too stiff or low), bigger swaybars, nolathane bushes and strut mounts (nolathanes "enhancement kits" retail for about $320), ~35psi tyre pressure, performance tyres. Strut braces usually don't help until speeds of about 200km/h