Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BF II and VE Cleared for racing

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
And channel 7s coverage in 2007 will be a test on supporters patience....channel 10 does such a great job...cant really see 7 coming close and then theres the brake regulations.....they will kill the sport if they stuff with it too much......I reckon bring back mc pherson struts as a option to the commodores and deregulate the tyres to mix it up a bit.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
what a joke, lets make all race cars the same across all brands. all identicle. great challenge for the developers **rolleyes

Bring back the Group A tourers. We couldnt beat the japs so we banned them. It was a lot more interesting with more than 1.5 body shapes and more than one category of racing at once. But we cant do that people might have to use their brains to understand it.

:bow: R32 GTR

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
if this blueprint thing means that holden have had to shorten the VE to suit the rules then it's not the car as holden intended and therfore its a farce. bring back GRP A racing

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
if this blueprint thing means that holden have had to shorten the VE to suit the rules then it's not the car as holden intended and therfore its a farce. bring back GRP A racing

Yep - lets take *THE* most successful catagory that this country has ever seen (plus most of the world) and bring back what is arguably the most un-successful catagory the world has ever seen :thumbsup: . Does anybody here have any clue about commercial reality???

Group A racing was far from perfect and in the end dumped by the majority of the worlds manufacturers as it was far too expensive to compete in. The cost (both in terms of $$$ and engineering resource) of bringing out a newwer and better homologated racecar for the streets every year was astronomical.

Don't get me wrong - I think the idea of cutting 4" out of the middle of the VE's is one of the stupidest things I've heard of in a long time.

If it were me, I'd also wind back the aero of the current cars and maybe bump up the tyres a little. The current aero is far too depenant on clean air to work and thus it's very difficult to get close enough for the car behind to outbrake the car in front effectively. With less aero, the car in front has far less of an advantage. More tyre will give the cars a much longer window of balls 'n all racing before the drivers have to tiptoe around to keep their cars on the track.

Reaper