Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

BigDaddyCool VZ Executive - Brisbane

Like, Dont Like?

• Total voters

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
$5,000 on an exhaust just to make it sound "right" now I have heard it all. LOL. Holden would have spent more than 10x that in the first place to "get it right"

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
In regards to the previous half-dozen comments, anyone can be a keyboard warrior on an internet forum.
but apart from all that
Well done for finally putting up a My Ride thread. The rims are a good choice for this colour car, I had this type on my old VY, albeit 17's
how is the sound affected with changing from factory cats to hi-flow cats?
i'm interested in doing this to overcome the *ahem* speed bump issue....

Damien90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore
well probably more then 5k as I changed it 3 times originally and then altered it another 3 times......... reason being first 3 times I couldn't get the sound right, then I got pacers and it changed it again.......... so I had some work done, then with my dyno my stock cats kept causing catalyst overtemp to kick in (not to mention the speed bump issue etc) ........ so I had hi-flows fitted, again changing sound so I had some more work done to fix it etc........

You can imagine.... I'm happy with it now, but I think having a twin outlet would give more top end but I dont really care about that. It's staying how it is, it's been a nightmare to get the right sound.... and performance.

Not to sound like an asshole mate but if u wanted a Commodore with a deep rumble of some sort, you have got the wrong car. DOHC are always gonna sound like a 4 or a smooth 6 and its gonna be incredibly hard to get tthat lumpy sound u want, shoulda got a vy series one or a vt lol. i know from my car unless u do soem engine work your not gonna get the good sound.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
As they say "To each their own...." Having said that, IMHO... not my cup of tea

Last edited:

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Bunch of morons the lot of you.

He's got a Commodore just like the majority of us, give him the thumbs up at least for taking some enjoyment out of his car. Why insult someone who has the same hobby as you. F***wits!

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
Bunch of morons the lot of you.

He's got a Commodore just like the majority of us, give him the thumbs up at least for taking some enjoyment out of his car. Why insult someone who has the same hobby as you. F***wits!

The OP is the one that asked for an opinion and setup a poll to boot.... Who do you think you are calling anyone a morons and/or F***wits, get real mate, get a life and keep you abuse to yourself.