Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger brakes for VS Clubsport

r2160

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
All
A friend of mine has just purchased a VS clubsport (auto). We have already put a 220kw motor in her and it is running fine, however, it has the standard brakes which are less than ideal. I believe I read that holden had upgraded versions available. Can somebody enlighten me about them.
Also, he is looking to purchase what he needs to upgrade them so if there are some for sale, feel free . . .
Thanks

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
The VT upgrade would be ideal unless you plan to race it. The VT style brakes use a larger vented rotor with twin spot front calipers, matched with the correct booster and master cylinder for best performance. Get some decent pads too.

Talk to the user Not An Abba Fan as he can supply brake upgrade kits.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
I installed AP Racing four piston calipers together with 330mm vented, slotted, drilled rotors on my wife's VS Clubsport in 1998. Brilliant brakes but not cheap. They have served her well during her 42 solo return trips between Melbourne and Sydney over the years.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd think AP calipers and 330mm rotors would be total overkill for something that is only ever street driven, would never even get close to testing their limits. No doubt it looked good though.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
VT upgrade works well have used this set up on VL VH WB HJ , always upgrade to 1" master

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
the hsv vs upgrade was the 328mm/280mm c4 caliper they do pop up on ebay or you can try a reputable brake business or you can fit vt, ve/f hsv wilwood brake upgrade kits to a vs depends how much your mate wants to spend this is in how to section........ http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...m-2-piece-8-pot-brakes-install-review.250436/ fitted to a vs ute ..... i did the ve 322mm upgrade my vs ute 2 years ago and i didn t have to worry about changing the m/c and they do work, pedal feel hasn t change only thing to remember is you mite have fit bigger wheels

355VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR 355 5spd
+1 for the VT upgrade and add QFM A1RM pads all round. A cheap effective upgrade, especially if you can DIY.
The original standard VR VS V8 brakes leave alot to be desired.

TheBigBopper

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Series 2 VS V6 Executive Sedan Stealth Weapon
Hey Guys.
I too have personally swapped out the crap as hell VS EXECUTIVE single piston OEM Factory front brake components with these twin piston monsters I sourced off a stacked VX SS sedan. This straight forward enough Backyard Mechanics upgrade really has given me so much more driver confidence hey, just knowing I can literally stop on a 20 cent piece anytime conditions demand!
Pictures of the results available... Please ask!