Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bigger throttle body

joshooaahh

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp berlina lx
after just recently getting my throttle body replaced because the old one was rooted i remembered hearing about people putting in larger throttle bodies in there car,
now my car is a v6 is it as simple as fitting a v8 one instead?
and just wondering what advantages it has?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Yeah you can get a V8 throttle body. Have a few I found for around 45 ish posted. That's less then half a tank of fuel so big woop. You will not get a massive gain but for 45 bucks for 5mm bigger eh. I got a Mace 70mm and if it wasn't for the fact I paid less then half of retail I wouldn't of been happy with it.

zskinner

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN CalaisV 6.0L
yeah mate simple as. theyre exactly the same, just the v8 is 5mm bigger inside. some people will say they are worth getting some will say not. i personally have used the standard 60mm TB, as well as the v8 65mm TB, and also a bored out 70mm TB, and i recorded no power gain at all. my 0-100 did not change at all, the standard 60mm TB is more than big enough for a stocko vn or vp v6. you would only really benefit from a larger one if you had some decent internal modifications to your car. they do however give more throttle response (which means you only put your foot down a bit and it seems to take off like you had your foot down alot more) but when at full throttle it feels no different than full throttle with a standard TB. alot of people (including myself) have gotten whats called the 'placebo' effect when first driving with a new modification on (when it seems better but its actually not), but yer as i said when timed they werent any better than a stock one. in saying all that though, that is just MY opinion and im sure you'll get some people who disagree with me lol