Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bikes Lane Splitting

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
I think it should still be legal if traffic is stopped and the build up of traffic isnt too long (can make it to the lights b4 they're green), because it'd be pretty dangerous if two lanes started moving while your up the guts of it. The only thing the cops can get you for atm is if you don't indicate EVERY time you cross that centre line.

sts71

Reaction score
Charg'd said:
As for the tolls my opinion is that we all use the road for the same thing ( gettin from A to B) therefore we should pay the same tolls. This is my opinion i dont expect everyone to agree

okay so what baout push bikes that take up a lane block trafic drive people nuts in peak hour traffic and yet we have to give them same road use as a car which we pay taxes etc for and they dont pay a cent plus they just ride thru tollways free of charge.
Dont get me wrong Im not attacking anyone just seeing what a different cross section of road users think.
As for the buttweebs who ruin it for the rest of us I dont defend them at all, thats both car and bike users.

sts71

Reaction score
Jules86 said:
I think it should still be legal if traffic is stopped and the build up of traffic isnt too long (can make it to the lights b4 they're green), because it'd be pretty dangerous if two lanes started moving while your up the guts of it. The only thing the cops can get you for atm is if you don't indicate EVERY time you cross that centre line.

Thats what MCC of NSW is saying I think, I agree its okay when traffic is stopped, lane filtering they have this legal in Victoria. I think the charge is lane sharing, ie also that you cant ride two abreast like the pushbikes do on the Old Road, they see motorbikes coming abd do this on purpose, Ive seen video footage of this and experienced it myself, they think they own the road and have caused 3 accidents I personally know of plus the others that I dont know of. And the way the law works, its in the pushbikers favour, even thou one occassion a motorcycle was coming around a corner at speed limit, push bikes went two abreast forcing bike onto other side of road and into a oncoming vehicle, no charges were laid against anyone but the bikers dead now...
But this is me getting alittle off track

I do thank those that have repled for your opinions..

Steve
Bike, car, ute driver.

sts71

Reaction score
Charg'd said:
its the same as bikes as it is for cars, the minority ruin it for the rest, the idiots on bikes ruin it for everyone else i.e; some bikes drive between cars slowly & carefully others roar past like ********s.

I totaly agree there Charged.

As for the tolls my opinion is that we all use the road for the same thing ( gettin from A to B) therefore we should pay the same tolls. This is my opinion i dont expect everyone to agree

But the RTA claim that toll is based on vehicle size weights etc thats why trucks pay a much higher fee, what the MCC and other groups point is that if thats the case why does a 180kg bike get charged the same as a 1 tonne car? See what I mean by that?

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Well as I see it....

If a push bike can ride up the inside of you when traffic is stopped at lights then why not a motorcycle ?

I dont advocate Harley riders do it with straight through pipes though cause its unexpected and likely to give old folks heart attacks...

2 Harley riders overtook me last night cruising... one either side... one overtook me so close I almost lost the paint off my front bumper... and if the car in the right front lane braked suddenly he would have been a statistic cause he would've been boxed in :b: absolute idiot !

They had open pipes and were doing to purposely to scare the shits out of people.... further up a paddy wagon was cruising along... funny watching these macho men suddenly short shifting and not daring to overtake...:rofl:

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
sts71 said:
okay so what baout push bikes that take up a lane block trafic drive people nuts in peak hour traffic and yet we have to give them same road use as a car which we pay taxes etc for and they dont pay a cent plus they just ride thru tollways free of charge.
Dont get me wrong Im not attacking anyone just seeing what a different cross section of road users think.
As for the buttweebs who ruin it for the rest of us I dont defend them at all, thats both car and bike users.
What r u sayin there...push bike riders take up a whole lane??? Id be revin em if they did that in front of me...They don't pay to use the road, for their push bikes but the ride side by side when doin training on the side of the road and force you into oncoming traffic...its bs, someone will run one over one day...For any cyclists reading don't ride side by side where one person is on the road; drivers don't like it!!! But these are usually the only bike riders that seem to do this ****...very frustrating!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
we have pushbike lanes anywhere important here so ive nothing to mention there.
motorbikes, however, annoy me when they do that. more the noise than anything right in your ear, because they are closer than any car would be and generally stick the arse near your window (if you are in pole position only)...

get their attention, politely inform them of the new laws incase they missed the notice, and make a point of scribbling down their rego.

if everyone broke laws they though 'didnt matter' or werent as important as the next law our roads would be a bigger mess than they already are.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
sts71 said:
But the RTA claim that toll is based on vehicle size weights etc thats why trucks pay a much higher fee, what the MCC and other groups point is that if thats the case why does a 180kg bike get charged the same as a 1 tonne car? See what I mean by that?

i see what you mean, i just gave my opinion

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
If the cars are stopped.. Nothing wrong with it. They're not getting in anyones way.. They aren't going to get in front and hold up traffic. As long as they are cautious its fine.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
In my opinion, it has to depend on the road. 1 lane either way, i don't have a problem, as theres plenty of room for a bike.

2 lanes either way is a different story, on the outside i don't have a problem, but in the middle of the cars i do, as sometimes theres not enough room to get thru. And my car is my life, you scratch it, someones bike is getting dropped!