Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bikes Lane Splitting

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I spend 15-20 minutes every morning lining up for the exit of the F3 Freeway at Wahroongah on my way to work.

If I had a motorbike, that 20 minutes would be reduced to no more than 5.

As long as they're careful I have no problem with motorbikes riding the lines. If you're checking your mirrors and being as observant as you're SUPPOSED to be, then you'll see them coming - I have never not seen someone on a bike coming up behind me on the line, and I always give them room.

Of course there's always going to be idiots but those idiots are going to be the ones who continue to break the laws which only put the responsible motorcycle riders in their place.

I say let the idiots do what they do legally and if they screw up then it's their funeral - don't screw the people doing the right thing over because it'll make no difference to the people doing the wrong thing.

Speed limits don't stop people doing 20km/h over.

sts71

Reaction score
Jules86 said:
What r u sayin there...push bike riders take up a whole lane??? Id be revin em if they did that in front of me...They don't pay to use the road, for their push bikes but the ride side by side when doin training on the side of the road and force you into oncoming traffic...its bs, someone will run one over one day...For any cyclists reading don't ride side by side where one person is on the road; drivers don't like it!!! But these are usually the only bike riders that seem to do this ****...very frustrating!

Its been hapening up on the Old Road around Mt White, talk to anyone who rides sports bikes and they will probably tell you something very similar, they think they own the road, at least we pay tax on it!

But to everyone, thank you for your opinions I appreciate your honesty.

Cheers
Ride safe, errr I meant Drive Safe :D