Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bilstein / H&R / VE SSV.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Hi, my first post here, so I just ordered the following- Full set of Bilstein B8 shocks with H&R springs for my 2009 VE SSV. Any reviews here? Or have a similar set up?

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Thanks. They say 20mm front and 40mm rear. That's low enough as I sometimes scrap my exhaust now.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Ok, I've had the shocks and springs fitted for only a day now and when I went to start my car up this afternoon I feel the car rumbling a bit wildly so I looked up to see warning lights flashing. Traction Control Off & Check Engine. The car has little power and feels like a 2 cylinder.
Could these faults be reset? Take to dealer? Have I a problem? It's Sunday here and I'm panicking. Need advice.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Yes you should get more info on those codes with an OBD dongle, then reset it. If keeps coming up likely knocked off / upset one of the wheel speed sensor for the ABS.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
Thanks, yeah I'm "trying" to look through similar posts and most recommend OBD etc so I guess I'll call my mechanic as I have no idea really :) I originally thought some sensor required adjusting or something like that, but how it was idling kind of worried me and with the check engine warning, should I be concerned or even keep driving like this?
Btw -Stability Cntl off not Traction as I mention above.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Well just that you are aware the safety system is off... yes its ok to drive really cautiously. I have same issue and don't worry too much. Easy to reset with an OBD dongle. You get them from Target, K-Mart, Supercheap, Autobarn, or internet. Cost $1.99 for piss-poor (but cheap) Chinese Android crap, best bluetooth module is about $150 with software.

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
P0206 injection valve (cyl 6) -malfunction & P0300 random/multiple cyl - misfire detected codes are showing. Hmmm? Had it reset and seems ok at the moment. Funny that the OB diagnosis had no mention of traction/stability control issue.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
no they wont generally, unless they have a fault, these are linked to engine control, they shut off when reduced power, misfire, low battery etc

TrickyH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09.5
I'll just have to wait and see if the faults appear again. Wish me luck. Btw the handling is so much better. No floaty feel to it at all. The rear is lower than I thought it would be, one squashed finger between tyre and guard. Front I can fit two fingers easily. I'll measure properly once it's settled a little.