Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bit of oil in coolant

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
I started the car up today and noticed a bit of white smoke coming out of the exhaust, it's quite a cold day so I thought it was that. I took it for a run up and down the road and came back and it was still smoking a little bit.

I left it for 10 minutes or so and started it back up and no smoke or anything. I checked under the oil cap and no milky residue or anything.

I took off the radiator cap and noticed that there's a little bit of oil under the cap and a little bit in the coolant. I started the car to make sure that no air bubbles were coming up which there wasn't.

I know the Rocker Cover gaskets on the car needs doing that i should be doing soon. Could this be the reason for the little bit of oil in the coolant? or any other reasons?

Cheers

AqaumarineVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Head Gasket or maybe the Valley Gasket is blown/leaking-if the oil has a redish tinge to it,it will be the auto trans cooler in the radiator is leaking,had that happen to my old BA Falcon,quite costly as we had to replace the transmission as coolant got into the gearbox,2 months after it ran out of warranty

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
The oil is normal color and it's just a little bit on the top and on the cap. Radiator is fine and not leaking.

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
hopefully you havnt got white goo under your oil cap... keep a watch on the temp guage and good luck