Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bit of smoke out exhaust

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
I'll do a leak down if plugs do nothing.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
have you tried using a can of upper engine cleaner foam??
from personal experience of servicing alloytec's, alot of people left servicing out too long and the intake manifold is full of oil/carbon deposits left from crappy oil.
which ends up working its way into the cylinder eventually. also could check to see if the pcv isnt stuck open which is also pretty common

might be worth a shot

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Boonz:2205232 said:
have you tried using a can of upper engine cleaner foam??
from personal experience of servicing alloytec's, alot of people left servicing out too long and the intake manifold is full of oil/carbon deposits left from crappy oil.
which ends up working its way into the cylinder eventually. also could check to see if the pcv isnt stuck open which is also pretty common

might be worth a shot

Thanks mate. Didn't think of it.

comaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 A4
Oil analysis

I was trying to make a vid of my exhaust not today, noticed its a bit smokey under full throttle at high revs. Just wondering if most alloytecs will have a bit of unburnt fuel, or im running too rich, or not burning properly. By the way, i have a bit of a miss at idle, and no load with revs, i took it to holden to check it cause ive changed all the parts i can, but they said im imagining the popping in the exhaust note, its the mounts sagging, so i changed them, but its still got the miss. Ive ordered good plugs, they will be coming next week, but i would be good to know if smokey is ok.

Thanks in advance for replies

If you want to know exactly what is going on in your engine I suggest you get an oil analysis kit! You should then know whether you've got blow by (fuel in your oil - rings could be shot) or water in your oil. You will also pick up coolant leaks along with wear metal levels etc. etc