Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 02 VXII spac (new rims :D)

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
thanks for the photos matt, gives me a good indication :). Do reckon I'll get myself some now, although I'll be getting them from eBay haha. How much did you pay for them at the shop?

same guy sells them on ebay 2 :thumbsup: i saw a pair this morning on my way 2 work on a white car aswell and they looked good nice n bright ay.

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
cheers wrx884 for the info, much appreciated. Atleast I know I won't be getting any cheap imatations off eBay :).

Ok thats enough from me.

Nice car :) lol

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
yeh i got them off ebay, took 5 mins to swap over, it was easy! and yeh am thinking of getting the spoiler off when i get the new bonnet painted

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
car looks awsome with the rims man and the tail lights look good 2 now i got a better idea wat they will look like on my car bein a dark car. r u doin nething with the headlights? some genuine monaro headlights would suit it well.

If he went original monaro headlights he would have to go back to a vt bar and therefore loose the nice vx s pak bar....

Would look sweet as with the teardrop altezza headlights...

-----------------

You've done a really nice job mate... got any blacker? lol. Rims look mint

I'd rip the wing off, but thats just me.... My VT should be coming out of the panel beater with the same kit as yours with no wing... Cant wait

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
If he went original monaro headlights he would have to go back to a vt bar and therefore loose the nice vx s pak bar....

Would look sweet as with the teardrop altezza headlights...

-----------------

You've done a really nice job mate... got any blacker? lol. Rims look mint

I'd rip the wing off, but thats just me.... My VT should be coming out of the panel beater with the same kit as yours with no wing... Cant wait

thats true then id go the cheaper black SS type would look much better than the altezzas.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
Yeh headlights are definately on the list, im just struggling to see a pair that really catches my eye..get my bonnet put on and sprayed this week, hopefully pick up this exhaust too, now jus gotta find me some springs!! And decided on a colour for the calipers! Love that im getting good feedback about the rims, i nearly gave into the advanti medusas but decided to go for something a little different and less common! Im pleased with them though :D

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Hey mate, sorry but another question. Where abouts did you earth your amp in the boot? And where have you installed your amp? I have a rough idea of where to mount my amp, but I'm not exatly sure how to go about it, so any chance you could show some photo's of that?

Thanks mate.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
I mounted my amps on the backs of the sub boxes, at first i wanted them visable in the boot but unless you put em under or behind some form of cover theyd get wrecked, after attempting a custom boot i learnt that simple and easy is better (and sounds better lol). Iv got my earths running up to a bolt on the parcel shelf as shown in the pic...unsure if its the best spot and im not meant to hav all 3 in the same spot but its doing the job..

Attachments

• GetAttachmentdd.jpg
    GetAttachmentdd.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 196
  • GetAttachmentee.jpg
    GetAttachmentee.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 174

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
ok thanks mate. How do the amps go for heat though? I see you'e got two so they'd surely be producing a bit of heat? How much power is there running?

I was thinking of making up some short of shelf that would connect to the underside of the parcel shelf.. that way my amp still gets a bit of air, and hopefully doesn't get too hot. I've tried that earthing point too, but I think people might suggest to you that you don't have much contact between the cable and bare metal, but like you say, if it does the job, who's to complain ay. Oh also, do you get any light dimming at all?

Thanks for the quick reply with the photos too mate.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
Yeh i scratched up the surface before hand on the earth, had slight dimming but whacked in the cap and earthed the battery and now its sweet.
Um iv got an 800W monoblock running the subs and 600W 4chnl running the splits and rears, heat hasnt been an issue as of yet..alot of people recommend mounting the amps on the back of the back seats...i jus did it on the sub boxes for something to look at when the middle seats down..i made the mistake of buying an ebay screen though and arent real happy with sound quality etc so im getting the new alpine screen in on saturday!