Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 02 VXII spac (new rims :D)

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
oh and thats really the only bolt i could really find, didnt really wana drill into anywhere 2 make my own earth point..i might still and seperate the earths...we'l see, maybe one day

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah i know what you mean about the drilling, I'm not to keen to be going and punching holes anywhere in my car haha. What size is ur cap?

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
The caps 1 farad, jus a basic one, i wouldnt hav bought one if it wasnt for my mate selling me it for next to nothing, wouldnt pay the $300 or whatever theyre worth from the shops..looks sweet though

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
oh ok..so the cap really only accidently fixed your lights dimming problem? How much dimming were you getting? And are you running stock alternator and battery? Sorry for all the questions, but it's still related to yourcar so it's all good going into the thread about your car haha :p.

matt_gotigers

RINGERZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Spac
well i had dimming in my old vp so i actually bought it before i got my new car because i thought itd help..and has, yeh before i put it in the dimming was pretty emtreme, even the speedo was dimming with the bass, yep stock battery and alt. Id recommend getting all your earths right 1st and if that doesnt work maybe look at a cap. just got the new alpine double din screen, would recommend it to anyone, its amazingly good..painted calipers came up sweet and new monaro style bonnet goes on on friday, il try get some more pics up asap!

Denno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Yeah I know what you mean withthe speedo dimming, I get it allll, headlights, speedo, interior light... Another question and photo request... Earthing upgrade in your engine bay? Did you do it? If so, where to and with which gauge wire? (If you can take some photos too that'd be great). Once again I'm not a huge fan for bringing the drill out and making holes, so if you have added earths to please that already have bolts, I'd love to see where. If you have made new holes then still show with some photos please :).
Oh and that bonnet will look awesome, I'm really keen on getting one myself, but not sure if it'd make me look a bit silly, bcuz I don't have a full on performance engine lol, just the basic....

Cheers mate :)

redding08

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2
look ****in sweet dude. Cant wait to get mine put in