Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 04 VY SS

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Meh blower go Cam sounds way cooler and cheaper.

Need to get the speedo changed ASAP as that would be a pain.

Both sound cool. But the awesome sound of that whine when something with a blower rolls up next to you at the lights lol.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a While since I've been on here. Since then I've done basically nothing lol. New air intake not OTR but just a different style. anyway i was wondering if anyone knows roughly what it costs to convert to a manual whole lot done?

lowndes8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I would say around $3,000. Personally I would love to convert mine but its not worth the money. Just get the auto tricked up. I have mine so when its in power shift it shifts alot harder.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Been a While since I've been on here. Since then I've done basically nothing lol. New air intake not OTR but just a different style. anyway i was wondering if anyone knows roughly what it costs to convert to a manual whole lot done?

2-3k. A lot cheaper than building an auto anyway. Most of the conversion you'll want to buy new anyway, just find a decent gearbox (with shifter & interior trim, master cylinder reservoir, clutch pedal and manual brake pedal) - and possibly a manual loom but they're pretty easy to convert from auto. Then buy new

- Master cylinder
- Slave cylinder
- Clutch
- Flywheel & bolts
- Spigot bearing

Install it all, bleed it up and you're good to go. You'll need to go see your tuner for a retune in manual & have your cluster reprogrammed with a tech2.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a while since i have been on here.

I ended up buying some new wheels for the Car as the factory ones 2 weren't 100% round and weren't perfect condition anyway. So i bought a set of 18x9 Wheels Pretty happy with how it looks.

I've also Removed the resignators, So now it just has Extractors, hiflow cats, and a muffler on each pipe.

Sunday just gone i decided to take it too the drags, First time I've ever been down the strip. Was great fun and i was expecting a mid 14. But my first run was a 13.6 with a 2.100 60ft that was my best time of the day otherwise I was getting 13.8s a couple of 14s trying new things. I had half a tank of fuel and was just running on my 18s with street tyres. I couldn't stop wheel spin of the line.

Since going out there I just want to do it again! So I've decided to put 3.9 diff gears in it now! should be fun and I'm going to put a pair of semi slick tyres on it and take it out on the next street day in October :)

When i ordered my new wheels, felt dirty driving with stockies on the back haha!..

Last edited:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Been a while since i have been on here.

Last edited:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Has anyone else on here for 3.9s in an Auto LS1?

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
I've had 3.9's in an auto 5L VQ.

Made it turn tyres into smoke a lot easier but the revs were getting up there for prolonged highway use for my liking.

Clint_G

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ SS
Ive got 3.9s in my ss and i thought it would be worse but i find it pretty good behind the auto. Highway driving suffers abit in the economy side. But i dont regret getting them one bit.