Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black 2002 VY Acclaim Wagon

V

VYWagon

I have purchased a Black 2002 VY Acclaim Wagon (61000km) for $25,990. It has HBD Cold Air intake and Pacemaker headers. I am wondering if anyone could please send me some details as to where I can get some quality enhancements done in Brisbane such as: Performance Chip, Interior upholstery, Spoiler Kit etc.

Really appreciate some advice

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
VYWagon said:
I have purchased a Black 2002 VY Acclaim Wagon (61000km) for $25,990. It has HBD Cold Air intake and Pacemaker headers. I am wondering if anyone could please send me some details as to where I can get some quality enhancements done in Brisbane such as: Performance Chip, Interior upholstery, Spoiler Kit etc.

Really appreciate some advice

The Brock Shop should be able to help. Ask for Joe he seems good to talk with.

As for your HBD CAI can you post up a pic of it as interested to see how different it is from standard ?

V

VYWagon

I did have a look at the Brock Shop so yeh cheers for that. Will post pictures of intake etc on weekend.

On another note, I was wondering if anyone has experienced hearing a creeking noise when breaking which seems to be coming from under the break pedal? It isn't a very loud noise but just enough to be annoying. Appreciate advice if anyone else can give advice.

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Dude if you got that car from Village Motors, and it has 16" S Class wheels, HBD FE2 Suspension and a SS Inductions kit on it, congratulations you've just purchased my old car! Small world.

I just got a call from Village Motors asking if the exhaust was still under warranty because it blew a muffler, which it is (from Jack Beedhams).

Hope you're enjoying it if it is my old one!

R

Ratty

I have a VYII Berlina with a snorkle (Which I assume is Holdens own CAI) would love to know what the difference is between the holden one and an aftermarket one... I am assuming the holden one is good enough for a stock V6

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Ratty said:
I have a VYII Berlina with a snorkle (Which I assume is Holdens own CAI) would love to know what the difference is between the holden one and an aftermarket one... I am assuming the holden one is good enough for a stock V6

Holden make 2 for the V6, one that is just the standard intake on top of the front grille, and the CAI kit that they sold on the CV6 Monaro and the HSV XU6 I beleive, which has an intake in the lower grille (between fog lights).

The SS Inductions one basically makes a wider mouth above the grille, and then puts an air scoop behind the grille as well which forces a lot of air into the intake at high speeds, the kit also comes with bigger pipes between the intake and filter, and a high-flow filter. I only noticed a difference with the kit at higher rev ranges, and it helped top end speed. For the record HBD don't offer a CAI kit, however you can purchase the HSV one for a very inflated price. I paid about $450 for the SS Inductions one and got it done at the same time as the exhaust and extractors.

V

VYWagon

Pics

Sorry boys how do I paste an image??

VYWagon :bang: :confused: