Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black ss ute

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
So im trying to decide what cam package I want, a bit pricey but its all under warranty , guess thats the hike up...Anyone have opinions on what to pick, I think ultimately i will supercharge as i have a power bugg

Camshaft Package - Walkinshaw Performance Store

I would ask Walkinshaw for power ranges and dyno sheets. I personally can't stand massive cams that sound good and have a big power figure, but all the power is up high where you can't use it. I'd rather have a lower peak power and have more power from 2000-5500rm where I can feel it on the street.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
Make sure you tell your tuner you intend to get a blower when ordering your cam if you do it separately.
If you want style, walky blower.
If you want power/bang for buck do your home work.

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
So today got another call from the wheel shop saying that my rims will take another 6 weeks, this after they told it would be 3 weeks 2 weeks ago, so ive decided to get another set, got concave dynasty in all black hopefully a few days away.

yes aussie will do my homework for sure.

on a side note anyone know if you can change audio settings on the stock head unit for a series II?nvm found a thread

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Still waiting for the bloody wheels an tyres, now they didn't have the rubber i ordered, getting very frustrated with this mob, if nothing arrives this week will just cancel as im sure it alot of bs waiting what 7 weeks for a package that when i ordered was all in stock apparently.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
That is pretty ridiculous especially if they said it was all in stock. You can order and receive parts from America in a week or two no reason it should take this long. The concave on Dynastys look sweet though. No shortage of concave VE wheels if you do look elsewhere though.

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Got the wheels....

Only un wrapped 1 tyre and its got gutter rash and the wrong tyre fitted, really disappointed right now, instead of p zero nero i got something called zenna???

e55ae986ff.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo GXP
Got the wheels....

Only un wrapped 1 tyre and its got gutter rash and the wrong tyre fitted, really disappointed right now, instead of p zero nero i got something called zenna???

e55ae986ff.jpg

Pretty sure I know who you bought the wheels through, Zenna are their go to cheap tyre. They're noisy, really noisy, sound like 4wd tyres. To pay for good tyres and get that instead is pretty ridiculous. Im still trying to sort out the fact that I ordered 4 10" wide wheels and got sent a staggered 10/8.5 set.

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Not much to update, still haven't got the wheels sorted, seems i keep talking to a brick wall on that subject, as for my next upgrade i am now looking to fix the sound system cause the standard just aint doing it for me.
A problem of sorts that annoys me is when i rest my arm on the door it squeeks quite a bit, anyone have any ideas to fix it?

Manticore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Z UTE
Ute is going in for a cam extractors and cats tomorrow :rockon:

Also have sorted my wheel and tyre situation, so im a happy camper and all in time for my first cruise, the peter brock anniversary

Edit; got my before video will update both when i get her back