Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black VS + ultralows, clubby interior, zaust

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Hey, well ive been holding off posting pics of my car and making a thread as i wanted to complete a heap of mods then post it up but since ive got a new job im earning more money (always a good thing) and have decided to sell this car so i thought i better see what you guys think

Model: 96 VS exec
Colour: Panther Mica
Engine Type: Ecotec
Engine Mods: Super6 CAI.. that is all
Power: not as much as an ls1
Exhaust:Pacemaker extractors, hi flow cat, lukey muffler, 2.5" piping, 4" dump pipe on the end
Gearbox: Auto, with trans cooler
Diff: Stock
Brakes: Front DBA rotors
Suspension: King Spring Ultra Lows all round, shortned Monroe sensatrac rear shocks
Wheels/Tyres: 17" WH statesman international (i believe) with nankang tyres
Interior: VS Clubsport seats, painted dash surround
Other Mods: Painted engine cover and Cold air intake, painted dash surround, darkened tail lights and side indicators
Stereo: Xplod Headunit, pioneer front and rear coaxials
Build Period:3 months
Cost: Car cost bit of $6000, and spent around $3000
Future Mods: Well decided to upgrade, but was going to put some roller rockers, shift kit or manual conversion but have decided to sell up

Here it is, sits alot lower with ultralows, its a shame i cant keep it and buy a new car and have the two but thats life, hopefully it goes to a good home!

mini-VS%20Pics%20(8).jpg

mini-VS%20Pics%20(6).jpg

mini-VS%20Pics%20(14).jpg

mini-VS%20Pics%20(17).jpg

mini-Engine%20Painting%20Installed%20(8).jpg

Clubsport%20Seats%20Installed.jpg

Let me know what ya's think anyway

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
nice car mate, i rekon u should have kept the side indicators clear tho, apart from that very clean, i like what uve done with the CAI too. Those are stateman rims arnt they, look niceon the car. I had the same clubby interior in my VP, good seats they are.

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
lights were darkened when i brought it.. probaly would have left side indicators clear if i darkened the lights

and yaeh the seats are awesome such an improvement over the standard VS seats

V-ahhh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VT
nice looking vs man, how much you thinking you want for it?

State'O ReBeL

HSV - i just bought one
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual vs clubby
are u sure they r ultra lows? a mate of mine has king's low's, and hes sits lower than yours does

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
are u sure they r ultra lows? a mate of mine has king's low's, and hes sits lower than yours does

Something tells me they're superlows not ultralows. Sweet car though mate, looks very nice indeed. What sort of price are you looking for?

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
Looks great. I think it's lowered just right. :thumbsup:

How loud do you find your exhaust? Too loud? Is it really noisy on the highway or when idleing?

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
they are ultra lows pics dont do it justice, i had king lows in before this and this is what it looked like

New%20Car4.jpg

again looks alot higher then what it was, you could tell it was lower then standard with the lows but not as low as it is now

Part numbers - rear KHPR-20SSL front KHFL-47SSL (from memory)

They would have been lucky to seen 200km so probaly got a little to settle in, but any lower it would be scraping over every bump!

I love the exhaust dylan_vt, maybe gets a little loud around the 2500rpm but then changes the tone over 3000rpm and sounds excellent, dont do much highway driving but i have done around 90km/h cruising and its fine, and idle is lovely has a nice deep throaty sound too it and is not overally loud