Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black VX SS

R

Rossgo79

Hey peps I'm new to these forums so g'day. :thumbsup: I just purchased this SS a week ago. Anyone have any ideas of what power i can realistically get outta this and still be able to be a run about as well. I plan to get the exhaust changed within the next fews months but will have to see what happens with funds. :bang: I am also having a problem with this cold air setup. I'm trying to find a pod system but cannot find one or should I just leave as is??? :confused:

Thanks Heaps

Rossgo

Attachments

• DSCF0167.JPG
    DSCF0167.JPG
    177.2 KB · Views: 2,925
  • DSCF0171.JPG
    DSCF0171.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 845
  • DSCF0173.JPG
    DSCF0173.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCF0175.JPG
    DSCF0175.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,233

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Rossgo79 said:
Hey peps I'm new to these forums so g'day. :thumbsup: I just purchased this SS a week ago. Anyone have any ideas of what power i can realistically get outta this and still be able to be a run about as well. I plan to get the exhaust changed within the next fews months but will have to see what happens with funds. :bang: I am also having a problem with this cold air setup. I'm trying to find a pod system but cannot find one or should I just leave as is??? :confused:

Thanks Heaps

Rossgo
Hey mate good 2 see another ss member, nice choice of colour and model the black vx is nice! Get ya self a ss induction setup!!!! dont waist ya time on a pod, its a v8 you want air get a blower :) i know i want one! any way i recommend the usuall mate headers,exhausts,cam, diff ratio change, dump it and ya would be happy as most of us guys are who do our cars up!.... Nice Job and would like 2 know what you think of my vn ss link is inlcluded.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Welcome to the forums. I'm the resident spammer, but watch out for the vampires!

Is the SS auto or manual? Looks good stock, looks better modded!
With power, you can easily get alot out of it without opening the motor. I know of some guys running over 250rwkw, not sure on mods though, i personally hate LS1s.
Turbo is your friend, you can get alot and the motor will still handle it!

Have fun posting around!

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
STEALTHY (purplemonkeydishwasher) said:
Welcome to the forums. I'm the resident spammer, but watch out for the vampires!

With power, you can easily get alot out of it without opening the motor. I know of some guys running over 250rwkw, not sure on mods though, i personally hate LS1s.

Have fun posting around!
Whats wrong with GEN III? i wouldn't mind one stealthy. tho the vt series have some drama and the black vx is auto ya can see it in the pic :rofl:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
subdue said:
Whats wrong with GEN III? i wouldn't mind one stealthy. tho the vt series have some drama and the black vx is auto ya can see it in the pic :rofl:
haha, i looked at the other interior pic, must've skipped the other one.
I just prefer the good ol 5L, doubt i'd ever consider buying a LS1

U

Ute God

just get a mafless edit done...you should see results around the 230rwkw

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
STEALTHY (purplemonkeydishwasher) said:

Have fun posting around!

Check out picture two, you can see the gear change stick.. its auto.

R

Rossgo79

Thanks for the quick reply guys!!!! I live near Melbourne so where would the best place to source this ss induction??

Also nice ride subdue :thumbsup:

OLS108

MR Helpful
Reaction score
Members Ride
Stockish VX Berlina
Rossgo79 said:
Thanks for the quick reply guys!!!! I live near Melbourne so where would the best place to source this ss induction??

Also nice ride subdue :thumbsup:
This is a much beter idea Punch yourself in the face and throw $600 at the NExt old drunk you see on the street. Well if you buy anything SS inductions make then you might as well, Ive personaly seen SS inductions products Lose power on a Dyno mate .! get your self a Hole saw and drill another hole inthe airbox and then goto holden and get ur self the manaro Cold air indction kit only cost about $25 and it will be the best $25 you will spend on your LS1.
2. get you self a Good maffless Tune from somewhere like G&D i have mates who have taken there cars there and they are bloddy great Blokes. with a good set of extractos and exhaust along with a good mafless tune it should net you around 230-240rwkw around 310-325 fwkw . a set of 3.7 diff gears should also help get the Heavy old bitch outa the hole, with this sort of combo you should be looking a high 12 second pass if you can get hold of a OTRCAI ( power torque have these at around $595 with filter and less then $400 withour DRAG ONLY ) good luck with your mods mate, and as always if your planning to do womthing then do heaps of reasearch if not it will only end up in hartache.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    27.2 KB · Views: 345
Last edited by a moderator: