Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black Wheels in prep for Brembo's - Not sure of the look!

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
Good price for the redline wheels, were they a private sale?

I was looking at doing this to my SSV wheels (car is silver), but didn't like the look at all, too dark. Looks great on other colours but, IMO, not silver. I'm now looking at doing them in grey, similar to the thunder wheels but in metallic.

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Metallic Grey or Charcoal might look ok. I think I'm given the wheels the flick.:hmmm:

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Saw a couple of Silver VF's with the same black wheels and they look OK.

The colour I would prefer is a Lexus colour:

IMG_4252.jpg2008-lexus-is-f-wheel-photo-295080-s-1280x782.jpg994879_496942660386620_245115432_n.jpgIMG_4252.jpg2008-lexus-is-f-wheel-photo-295080-s-1280x782.jpg994879_496942660386620_245115432_n.jpg

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
looks similar to shadow chrome to me, circa VX/VY GTS. Not sure how you'd get the paint code though. Does look good.

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
G'day Damian,

Is that car in the first shot, with the GTS rims, Evoke in colour? I've got an Evoke VE, and I've toyed with the idea of black rims, but not sure if it will suit, however, if that car is Evoke in your shot, it may just sway my opinion, as I reckon it looks pretty shmick. Haven't seen many Evoke coloured cars getting around with black rims, so hard to judge.

itsme4g63

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Pontiac GTO
G'day Damian,

Is that car in the first shot, with the GTS rims, Evoke in colour? I've got an Evoke VE, and I've toyed with the idea of black rims, but not sure if it will suit, however, if that car is Evoke in your shot, it may just sway my opinion, as I reckon it looks pretty shmick. Haven't seen many Evoke coloured cars getting around with black rims, so hard to judge.

The oem graphite grey/dark gray ( IDK the color code) , it looks quite fiendish with those black ones on there, almost villain-ish.

Grey and black mixes very well:

01_supersnake2010.jpg

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
I think I might be sold on the black now. :)

Any idea what the rims on that Mustang are?

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
BREMBO's are begg'in to be installed but I know it's not going to be a 5 minute job.

Being an ex-mechanic 30 Years ago, I know what's involved to fit new calipers but I'm seeking any tips of someone that has done the swap recently?
Is it an advantage to fill the caliper with fluid before doing final strut pipe connection to save the effort of transferring from master cylinder?
Do you bleed caliper outer pots first and then inner? Then do it all over again?

Anything else?:beer chug:

Also, does anyone know if the Brembo calipers have a greater fluid capacity than the standard caliper?

Just wondering if the M/C reservoir size for the brembo's is different?? (to compensate for fluid displacement for worn pads)

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
like the black rims on silver, looks good, I would paint the Brembo's black, have a bit of a stealth look, but anyone that knows will spot them right away!