Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Black wheels need ideas

johnmandrin1111

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore S2
Not sure wether to buy new wheels for my sv6 or to plasti dip the current ones I have a series 2 I only find the wheels to buy in 20inch and I have heard you pop lots of tyres if you have 20s so I'm thinking about plasti dipping my current rims to black. Thoughts on black rims? Anyone post pics of thee black wheels on their ve's.

Ron91

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Wagon
What colour is your car?

20" wheels are fine, only if you buy cheap nasty wheels and tyres they could pop. Still more likely than 18" but low chance.

And if you want your stock wheels black, try photoshop them black, or plasti dip, and if you like it, get them sandblasted and powdercoated

Thumpin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SSV Sportwagon
Just paint your stock rims. About $65 per rim and they come out great and are resistant to normal wear & tear.

P9140335.JPGP9140333.JPG

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Not sure wether to buy new wheels for my sv6 or to plasti dip the current ones I have a series 2 I only find the wheels to buy in 20inch and I have heard you pop lots of tyres if you have 20s so I'm thinking about plasti dipping my current rims to black. Thoughts on black rims? Anyone post pics of thee black wheels on their ve's.

Ehh what???

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997

If you do not want a 20 inch after market wheel there are numerous black wheels available here in 19 inch. Just browse the many wheel seller web sites.. BTW the factory 18 inch SV6 wheels look much better in the standard silver finish than painted black. But each to his own.

adamrollo9

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV Clubsport
What paint did you use mate? They look great