Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blackening Tail lights and Spoilers

professor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
wrong you can night shade your tail lights but they can only be 2 coats any more is illegal. headlights can never be tinted. i have down my tail ligts and indicators been pulled over millions of times and not once have they ever said anything about the tinting. as long as the lights can be seen for 300m away i think it is. i have got the tinted led tail lights in my vz ute... nothing but trouble cause the computer thinks there is no power getting to the lights so it stuffs around with the blinker. i am going back to stock lights and tinting them. it all depend what car it is and what colour the car is for the tinting

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
wrong you can night shade your tail lights but they can only be 2 coats any more is illegal. headlights can never be tinted. i have down my tail ligts and indicators been pulled over millions of times and not once have they ever said anything about the tinting. as long as the lights can be seen for 300m away i think it is. i have got the tinted led tail lights in my vz ute... nothing but trouble cause the computer thinks there is no power getting to the lights so it stuffs around with the blinker. i am going back to stock lights and tinting them. it all depend what car it is and what colour the car is for the tinting

Just stick a resistor in series with your lights and they'll work like normal

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
wrong you can night shade your tail lights but they can only be 2 coats any more is illegal.

That's a load.. what if one person is much more heavy handed with the can than the next?

Also (as mentioned) you need a LED flasher relay for the indicators. I know Narva do one but when I had them in my VZ ute it wouldn't make the tick sound.

professor

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
LEDs are only for stop lights. Blinkers and reverse lights are bulbs. And for example the white commy above its tail light are on the legal limit

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
That's a load.. what if one person is much more heavy handed with the can than the next?

Also (as mentioned) you need a LED flasher relay for the indicators. I know Narva do one but when I had them in my VZ ute it wouldn't make the tick sound.

Most LED flashers are solid state (no moving parts) so they don't have the tick noise.
Falcons have been using electronic relays for years, the tick noise is made by a speaker in BA onwards.

My05

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 Impulse VZ SV6
its seems the RTA has more of an issue with the 3rd brake light, my sv6 has a hbd lip spoiler with no 3rd light and the copper who rbt'd me the other day said nothing about it, been almost a year like that almost a year, unles you know a rego person best to fit one just incase