Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blaupunkt head unit antenna connector fix

uglyoldfatbastard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SV6, 2010 International, 1996 VS Exec
Had a couple of these head units come to me where the person removing them has not unclipped the antenna cable and the Fakra B connector on the head unit is broken but the brass tube is still in place. Found a source for the connector shells that you simply superglue back onto the brass base and have been testing them for the past few months. Have one here I have plugged and unplugged the antenna connector over 100 times and it works fine. Four other units have been installed and all working fine out on the road. Even had one case where the antenna connector on the car was broken and got a Male to Female 1.5 meter Fakra B cable and the male end plugs in just below the fuse box on the passenger side and run the cable over to the head unit and female end plugs onto the head unit as normal.
I know a lot of people put aftermarket head units in and I appreciate that but there is a lot of people out there that like to keep the car stock looking for whatever reason. This has saved a few head units from being trashed for no good reason.