Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Bleeding air out of fuel lines

Taniwha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS Commodore V8 6L Automatic
Can anyone help me in bleeding the air out of the fuel line in my 09 VE Holden Commodore SS wagon? I've just replaced the fuel injectors and now I have loss of power, it's running like **** and it sounds like it's misfiring. Please help

Taniwha

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS Commodore V8 6L Automatic
What makes you think the problem is air?
There no issues whatsoever beforehand with the car and ever since I replaced the fuel injectors poor idle, loss of power. I assume it could be air in the fuel line??? Suggestions?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the fuel rail is self bleeding in a few seconds
where did you purchase the injectors from

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
It wont be air in the line, recheck the injector connections, check the o-rings as well as they might not be seated correctly and will be sucking air past them, disconnect the injectors while the engine is running to locate which ones are causing the issue, it could also just be a faulty injector as well.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
There no issues whatsoever beforehand with the car and ever since I replaced the fuel injectors poor idle, loss of power. I assume it could be air in the fuel line??? Suggestions?
Cheapy injectors maybe? Why did you replace them, there must have been something wrong that you thought new injectors would fix?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
Another vote for dodgy injectors unless you’ve disturbed something like a plug etc while you’ve been working on it