Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Blinkers not working

MaverickAus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Equipe
Hi guys and gals,

The other day I went down the street the blinkers were working. Stopped the car locked it did some shopping. Got back in took off no blinkers, went home. Replaced the combination switch (blinker switch), replaced the relay , replaced the fuse, checked for power to the fuse, still nothing. The hazard lights work all the other functions of the combination switch work just no blinkers.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. VS Acclaim

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
flasher can.

MaverickAus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series II Equipe
Thanks myvessv8 I believe you are correct, I have ordered a new hazard light switch but while I'm waiting for it does anyone know how to get around it while I'm waiting for the new switch?

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
I couldn't get around it (sparky) and tried everything, what did work for a bit was electronic cleaner sprayed in it etc but only lasted a day or two

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I couldn't get around it (sparky) and tried everything, what did work for a bit was electronic cleaner sprayed in it etc but only lasted a day or two

as a temporary solution run a short bit of wire from fuse 14 or any power source to one side of the flasher unit ..you need to put power on the terminal of the flasher unit that would normally be fed 12v from the hazard switch.........its the the terminal of the flasher wiring plug with the blue/white wire which is positioned on the side right of the 3 flasher unit terminals as you look at the fuse/relays under the dash...just pull the flasher out spread out the strands of the temp stripped wire and push them into the lug and push the flasher back in on top the wire to make a good contact ...same for the fuse connection

have found in the past that people hang things(mobile phone holders deoduorisers etc )from the vents above the hazard switch and it sits on top and touches the hazard switch button and brakes contact...move it and it all works again

Last edited:

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
yeah that works, have learnt a lot more about cars in the last few years, since rebuilding one or two older cars, but at the time 5-6 yrs ago hadn't played around much