Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blinkers stay solid

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
just wait before spending any money it might have fixed it self when you removed the power , it can be any one of the things mentioned . next time it happens put your hazard switch on and see what happens as that is where its all controlled through . good luck.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
When I happened last night I did put my hazards on, same thing solid no blinking same as when I put the indicators on!

I drove to work this morning not an issue, only thing now is in my head when I indicate it seems a tiny bit delayed but maybe it's just me

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
The BCM can on the rare occasion be at fault for this too.
The indicator flasher relay in the BCM is only for the indicators to flash when locking/unlocking the car with the
remote.
The BCM flasher relay doesn't operate when the indicator stalk is used.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
99% of the time when the indicators are on but don't flash, it's the flasher relay.
A faulty hazard switch will usually cause the indicators not to work at all.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
I've had this happen in my Clubsport a couple of times and after a day or two it goes back to normal, I figure it must be a loose connector - hasn't done it since the last time for over a year.

I just went full manual when it happened - lol. I don't actually signal often don't turn that many corners on the way to work and back and it would go away fairly quickly - so in short, it could go away by itself!

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
When I happened last night I did put my hazards on, same thing solid no blinking same as when I put the indicators on!

I drove to work this morning not an issue, only thing now is in my head when I indicate it seems a tiny bit delayed but maybe it's just me

When mine was broken it never stopped flashing, it just got slower and slower. sometimes on a cold morning it would only flash after 30 seconds. replaced the flasher can and it's perfect.

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
My wifes VX had the same problem and I fixed it this morning. I assume it's the same for VT etc.

What you need. - Soldering iron, flat screwdrivers, 10uF capacitor. I got one from Jaycar, RE6075, 63V 10uF. $0.30
Pull the flasher relay from under the dash.
Pry open the flasher can with screwdriver, the plastic top presses on, but it can be a bit awkward to get off.
Unsolder the capacitor, make note where the arrow points on the capacitor, they are polarity sensitive.
Put new capacitor in the holes, bend the legs out slightly to hold it in place. Solder it in, trim the legs off.
Put the lid back on.

Before
20140910_103505_resized_zpsb8549a05.jpg

The capacitor to be replaced
20140910_101925_resized_zps8e126018.jpg

Finished
20140910_104111_resized1_zpsdb88bab9.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
interesting there's a rubycon in there, you'd think they'd be reliable - good fix though

Alspos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V8 Sedan
I think after so many cycles that the cap just dies over time, losing it's ability to hold charge. At least that's what my limited electronics tells me.