Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

blocked fuel line?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Yeah mate replaced filter, pump , spark plugs , leads , coil. and still stalls. i was thinking blocked fuel line coz car dies while i drive and coughs and splutters, sounds like lack of fuel. thats my guess as i have change everything fuel filter , pump etc

was it giving you grief before you changed out all the parts or after?

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
before i changed everything hey. checked my fuel line and a good amount of petrol was coming out. should i be checking the return line also???
was it giving you grief before you changed out all the parts or after?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Fuel pressure test to rule out the regulator.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
yeah ill do that tommorow. if that doesnt work, ill be zoning in on the MAF sensor.
Fuel pressure test to rule out the regulator.

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
just another update, checked my codes again and it gave me 47 . so im assuming crank angle sensor. today when i was leaving a friend place after driving around, i started the car and it was very groggy enough, it stalled after 5 secs. then didn't want to start for bout half hr, after i was checking everything. and then she starts. got home. left again 2 hrs later, and again didn't want to start. so did error check. got 12, and 47 should i disconnect battery for 30 sec to reset and test again... mind you tho i did that when i was leaving friends place, i disconnected battery for about a minute. so i should assume CAS? i changed my ECU just a minute ago.. if still stalls could it be the DFI or CAS? because i have read it could be both with error 47?

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
just be careful wen ur doing the codes, i found that i ahd the same issue with mine, its just the crank angle sensor

vr/ early vs 47 is 18x Reference Signal Missing

vs later model or most models crank angle sensor

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i'm hoping thats all it is hey.... how did you go with doing yours?
just be careful wen ur doing the codes, i found that i ahd the same issue with mine, its just the crank angle sensor

vr/ early vs 47 is 18x Reference Signal Missing

vs later model or most models crank angle sensor

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
the car was running on gas, it ran ok for a bit onpetrol and would die after a while, from wat i know the car is running on both quite nicely after changing the cas